Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Ceviche

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Does anyone like Ceviche? it's so easy to make!!!

Do you know how to make it? or do you actually pay 18 to $23 for a plate?

1LB FRESH FISH *FLOUNDER*
1. HALIBUT
OPTION 2. TILAPIA <- 120 GRAMS PROTEIN PER LB
OPTION 3. SWORDFISH
OPTION 4. SNAPPER
OCTOPUS
CUT THE PUSSY IN SMALL BITE SIZE PIECES AFTER IT COOLS DOWN FROM THE LOW BOIL IN APPROX 1 HOUR. 30 MINUTES.

SEA SALT ..FINE ...COVER CUT FISH ON BOTH SIDES WITH SALT.GIVE IT A PUNCH OF SALT. LOL
RED PEPPER or JALAPENO ...TAKE ENTIRE CENTER OUT AND MAKE SURE ITS SKIN IS NOT CRACKING OR ITS HOT HOT HOT
LIMES NOT YELLOW NOR DARK GREEN MAKE SURE THEY ARE FAT AND JUICY 1LB OF FISH WILL NEED 4 LIMES TO 4 AND HALF
RED ONION BUT DON'T USE THE CENTER
CILANTRO ...YES PLEASE .........COVER IT IN CILANTRO

2 GARLIC CLOVES
1 SMALL SLICE OF GINGER CLEAN FROM THE SKIN
I TURN THE GARLIC AND GINGER INTO A PASTE FOR THE MIX IN THE BOWL.

AFTER IT IS ALL NICE AND MIXED, PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE FOR APPROX 5 TO 10 MINUTES THEN AFTER MIX IT AGAIN WITH A LITTLE BIT OF MILK TO FIX THE ACIDITY AND PREPARE TO ENJOY INCREDIBLE CEVICHE FOR 2 OR APPROX 8 TO 9 USD...

THE KING OF CEVICHE.. CHEZ JAVIER WONG

GREAT TIPS IN THIS VIDEO

NO OCTOPUS NEEDED BUT IF YOU LOVE IT LIKE MANY DO......CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT..... THE TEMP IS ABOUT 180 TO 190 FOR 1 TO 1 1/2 HOURS. ALSO USE RED COOKING WINE IN THE WATER THE ENTIRE BOTTLE. THIS GUY IN THE VIDEOS HAS GREAT TIPS.... THE WINE CORKS IN THE WATER ARE NOT BS.... IT DOES COME OUT VERY TENDER.

Most fish seem to range from 70 to 90 grams of protein per lb but Tilapia ranges from 90 to 120 grams of protein per lb

Only real negative thing about ceviche is the potential sodium, but you can control it to a degree with how much Sea Salt you use.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I buy it from the carneceria at the corner, they make it fresh everyday, 2.50 a pound... I get 4 lbs at a time and it's gone in two days..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Still never had it. Airship me some!

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Great recipes.

I love the stuff.

Best I have ever eaten, was fresh made at the El Panama hotel, in Panama City, Panama, Central America. Just delicious.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Still never had it. Airship me some!

LK it's so easy to make, and if you skip the Octopus, you can start eating this in approx 15-20 minutes. My kid loves Octopus so its more of a pain in the ass, but it honestly taste almost the same to me without the octopus.

I have family members that are lazy. lol and they will put all ingredients into a bullet blender.. it turns into a paste but than they spread it on one side of the cut fish, mix it around in the bowl and repeat one more time until all ingredients are in the bowl with the cut fish..... Than add the lime juice and mix well again, than just fridge for 5 to 10 minutes. don't forget a little bit of milk and mix it well to kill the acidity right before you eat it.

just forewarning you, if you like the ceviche, you will grave it a few times a week. and bro.... sipping on a nice IPA goes great with ceviche...

Tilapia is a great fish to use and the protein in 1 lb is through the roof, I'm the only one in my family that puts it in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes as I want to give the Lime and the salt a little bit of time to kill any potential bacteria.... but no one that I know has ever gotten ill from ceviche, whether or not they fridge it, if the fish is fresh its gtg.....

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You can use shrimp too. I like the smell of it when it is fresh, but dislike eating it. The GF is Mexican, so she eats it all the time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic