Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cervical spine epidural AWESOMENESS

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Had C7 injected with an epidural on the 9th didn't kick in for a couple days but man I am pain free on my left pec, lat and scapula.
The pain was stopping me from enjoying life even when pushing through and I have been through some shit before.
The injection was kind of a test to really verify if surgery would help me as I was convinced even after multiple nerve conduction studies that it was NOT in my neck.....LOL DR LG :p;)
The plan is to grind out where the bone is pressing into the spinal cord at the herniated disks and then install a stabilizer for
C5,6 and 7 with screws holding the plate in place.
I don't want the surgery but it looks like I will need it as the numbness and tingling/ loss of sensation is not any better.
Anyway just putting it out there that THIS REALLY WORKS if anyone is ever in the position of needing it.
I have no idea how long it will work nor does anyone else but awaiting a surgery date through Tri-care is a long MOFO for sure.
Cheers

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Enjoy your left hand feeling like someone elses LG ;)

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I had an anterior cervical discectomy. I herniated two discs - C4/C5 and C5/C6. They removed the discs, put in cadaver pieces, then played and screwed until the bones fused. Stayed in the hospital overnight for observation. I was mowing the lawn a day after being released.

The pain was unreal before surgery, and none after. My right side atrophied to about 1/4 of what it was. I still fight slight asymmetry and that was four years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I was told I have the same option when I get to the point I can no longer deal with the pain. Glad to hear it is working for you. I am in the same shape with the degenerative disks between L4 and L5. Every day is a day of pain. Some good, some not so good. But I am dealing with the pan for now. No numbness yet.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I had two injections - one about a year before surgery and the other two months before. It prolonged surgery, but didnt eliminate it. Hindsight, I wish I wouldve had surgery the first time around. That may have saved some strength and atrophy.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Awe man LG, while i'm certainly glad you are finally pain free for a bit, but still concerned over your looming surgery. Suppose in the end, the end result is the same....that you are fixed up and pain/numb free.

Keep us posted.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My wife is an Ortho nurse and she tells me of these next day painless people every day as I deal with my own back pain and refuse surgery like most here. Glad to see you have relief and hope it is long lasting.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I had an anterior cervical discectomy. I herniated two discs - C4/C5 and C5/C6. They removed the discs, put in cadaver pieces, then played and screwed until the bones fused. Stayed in the hospital overnight for observation. I was mowing the lawn a day after being released.

The pain was unreal before surgery, and none after. My right side atrophied to about 1/4 of what it was. I still fight slight asymmetry and that was four years ago.

same here but I have spaceage shocks around 5 --- I was 3rd in country with this

i only have probs if i sleep with my arms above my head
they goto sleep

like pic but in steady of soild --they move up and down a few mm

see if i can find a pic

Attachments

• fus.jpg
    fus.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 227
kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Had a MRI done few weeks back and have 3 herniated discs lower back. No way im letting them cut me but trying to find out any other options available to relieve the pain.

L3/L4 focal asymmetric to left 6.0-7.0 Disc Herniation
L4/L5 broadly based 4.0-5.0 mm Disc Herniation
L5/S1 broadly based asymmetric to right 4.0-5.0 mm Disc Herniation.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Had a MRI done few weeks back and have 3 herniated discs lower back. No way im letting them cut me but trying to find out any other options available to relieve the pain.

herniated disks can supposedly heal themselves over time. my 2 lowest disks herniated after yrs of my back going out every 2-3 months due to them bulging. they eventually ruptured and I had the worst sciatica for almost a yr. after laying on the couch for almost a yr and getting a blood clot in my lft leg due to immobility I had the surgery and was much better. I still have a very stiff lower back but have not had my back go out since and very little sciatica. my doc told me its the most common back surgery, most successful back surgery, with very little risk. he said he does over 100 per yr. I was really nervous about having back surgery due to my dad having a botched surgery that cost him yrs of severe pain and put him in a wheel chair at the age of 60. im really glad I had mine done.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

I feel your pain. This is the last x-ray I had done on my spine. Degeneration in the disks and you can seen bone on bone at the L4 and L5. If they could fix this with some kind of minimal invasion surgery I would do it. But cutting the stomach and removing the intestines to work on the vertebrae and then going through rehab for months doesn't appeal to me. So I will just continue to deal with it.

spine 2.JPG

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

L5/S1 broadly based asymmetric to right 4.0-5.0 mm Disc Herniation.[/QUOTE

I have been through some very serious stuff brother and believe me I don’t want another surgery but this starts at my scapula and feels like a real knife is jammed in there just to the left of my spine it goes through the lat and across my left pec I was absolutely convinced I had torn a tendon or something else loose all through there
It had me phucked and I can push through a hell of a lot
This injection is making me realize I can get back to doing all the things I love pain free so fuck it
2 brain surgeries 3 scalp, skull, reconstruction surgeries
Scrotum, left testicle, epididymus and vasdeferans repair I can handle this one
Don’t wait til you are more phucked and miserable than you need to be
Life is short
Cheers

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic