bsimon7074
What's New?

Certifications Anyone?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Anyone going after any certifications currently? Studying for tests, taking tests, planning to take them, etc?

What spawned this was me preparing for my Project Management Professional certificate (PMP). Seeking to take the test here at or around 9/13. Which is perfect right? Friday the 13th. Not bad luck, but good right? lol.
I'm super, super nervous about being prepared. I took the exam 2 yrs ago and failed by the just a few questions, which was frustrating. So I want to ensure I have it now!
I also welcome any good mojo my way lol....and welcome any good comments my way. Thank you.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
All I can say is good luck. I have study for a lot of training certifications over the last 19 years and even though I feel I know the material inside and out when you put that test down in front of me I go completely blank. Had the same issue in school I knew the material and if I could verbally go over it I could probably Ace it all but having to write things down and explain in writing is very difficult for me because I suffer with a form of dyslexia which makes it hard to read and write a lot of information.

My best advice is study but don't over study. Sometimes we start second-guessing ourselves when we're learning something new

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
You're hot, you're smart, and you're funny! You will do great on the exam. Congratulations!

How's that for some good mojo headed your way?!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
You're hot, you're smart, and you're funny! You will do great on the exam. Congratulations!

How's that for some good mojo headed your way?!

Ha! That works man! Thanks

Yea these type of things are buggars. Kinda like the CPA/LSAT or what have you. Anything proctored is nerve wracking.

OH yea @Tuffoldman , the secondguessing part is a killer! Thanks man.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not going for a cert. but I'm back in school to change careers. Studying Microbiology so tests... all the time. Gotta love the final exams created by ACS for Chem.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
ccna
network plus
scum master I

I'm transitioning from tech/eng to more business perspective and am trying to break into IT project mgt. I'm considering the capm as a warm up for a possible attempt at a PMP. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have my CEN and CPEN (Certified Emergency and Pediatric Emergency) both proctored and they’re top three toughest along with Critical Care Cert. I can tell you the best techniques for me:

1). Write notes/outlines as you study. The material is “digested” once by your reading, then engages another pathway in the brain when you write it out. Once more when you read back the notes.

2). Teach the material. Nursing certifications are heavy on memorizing drugs, antidotes, standards of practice as opposed to theoretical or applied concepts. They’re memorize and regurgitate (like the NCLEX MCATs etc.). Working with a small group or partner will help all of you pass and you take turns with flash cards, running a study session or simply boring your mate to death at home by teaching them.

3). SMART DRUGS WORK. The Racetams are great while studying as is Adderall. Alpha GPC, Huperzine and Phosphatidylserine help with the actual test day by lowering anxiety and keeping neurotransmitters working high speed.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
3). SMART DRUGS WORK. The Racetams are great while studying as is Adderall. Alpha GPC, Huperzine and Phosphatidylserine help with the actual test day by lowering anxiety and keeping neurotransmitters working high speed.

Good to know and nice list!

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Not going for a cert. but I'm back in school to change careers. Studying Microbiology so tests... all the time. Gotta love the final exams created by ACS for Chem.

Bro, what are field are you moving into that requires micro-bio? Studied a lot of that shit in college...

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Anyone going after any certifications currently? Studying for tests, taking tests, planning to take them, etc? What spawned this was me preparing for my Project Management Professional certificate (PMP).

What are you specializing in? IT?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic