What's New?

Certifications Anyone?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
What are you specializing in? IT?

Yes. I currently work in IT. Actually my entire career has been in IT. I have all the experience (20+), just don't have the initials behind my name lol.
So while the PMP is not specific to any area, it is applicable to all areas, hence the name.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Bro, what are field are you moving into that requires micro-bio? Studied a lot of that shit in college...

It's interesting. I was a nursing major. Got accepted and went half way through when I was informed I wouldn't be able to work if I continued in the program. Well, my wife got a full ride to the #3 Engineering school in the US and so I told her not to work anymore so she could focus. Since one of us has to work, I switched to Micro. A very well known govt agency is located (based) in my city where micro would be needed and it's a subject matter I'm very interested in. I enjoyed it immensely. The funny thing is a well know medical school is also in my city and they have a grad program (AA) which I may look into.

Bacteria and viruses have always fascinated me but when I was younger my parents said, either engineering or business (finance/accounting). Well, I don't like engineering and the funny thing is I really don't like finance either (that's my background) so I'm changing careers and doing something I enjoy now... that's my hopes at least. With micro, I could work in waste mgmt., water treatment, medicine, food, etc... it's so diversified it's crazy.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have my CEN and CPEN (Certified Emergency and Pediatric Emergency) both proctored and they’re top three toughest along with Critical Care Cert. I can tell you the best techniques for me:

3). SMART DRUGS WORK. The Racetams are great while studying as is Adderall. Alpha GPC, Huperzine and Phosphatidylserine help with the actual test day by lowering anxiety and keeping neurotransmitters working high speed.

And this is why I bough Modafinil. I'm going to use this in the coming semesters if I like how it works during this one.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Registered Dietitian Exam.

Been working as just a degreed nutritionist since graduating in 2003, but got laid-off in May. I didn't need to have an RD (RDN) for the position I was in, while getting paid the same rate. I completed my dietetic internship in 2010. Just spent the summer with the kiddos, and will start studying for this bitch in a few months, lol. I already have people asking me to apply at their programs....DaVita/Dialysis, hospitals, etc. We'll see how it goes.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's interesting. I was a nursing major. Got accepted and went half way through when I was informed I wouldn't be able to work if I continued in the program. Well, my wife got a full ride to the #3 Engineering school in the US and so I told her not to work anymore so she could focus. Since one of us has to work, I switched to Micro. A very well known govt agency is located (based) in my city where micro would be needed and it's a subject matter I'm very interested in. I enjoyed it immensely. The funny thing is a well know medical school is also in my city and they have a grad program (AA) which I may look into.

Bacteria and viruses have always fascinated me but when I was younger my parents said, either engineering or business (finance/accounting). Well, I don't like engineering and the funny thing is I really don't like finance either (that's my background) so I'm changing careers and doing something I enjoy now... that's my hopes at least. With micro, I could work in waste mgmt., water treatment, medicine, food, etc... it's so diversified it's crazy.

Good field, and you'll come out a very intelligent man...err...more intelligent than you already are:D;)

Had a good friend on the forums who worked as a microbiologist, one of the smartest guys I've come across. He went by the name cockdezl/micro2000/axiombiologicals. He occasionally pops up at ProM every now and then....not sure if he posts anywhere else. I knew him mainly from EF, Par Deus's board, and a few others.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Registered Dietitian Exam.

Been working as just a degreed nutritionist since graduating in 2003, but got laid-off in May. I didn't need to have an RD (RDN) for the position I was in, while getting paid the same rate. I completed my dietetic internship in 2010. Just spent the summer with the kiddos, and will start studying for this bitch in a few months, lol. I already have people asking me to apply at their programs....DaVita/Dialysis, hospitals, etc. We'll see how it goes.

Awesome Mr BMJ, i'm sure you will do great!

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
find the best way for you to study-- there are 6

I have a few deg and certs --- nothing big
even a damn mensa cert
I have few mths to go for my Marriage Counseling cert--- going to help if I can and give my wisdom
but I do have a degree in 20 yrs of kicking ass and taking my licks in the Corps
and 2 fk up marriage where I gave my all but my time at home

if you dont believe in what you want to do -- all your doing is wasting time

enjoy life is the key

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I have so many financial and insurance licenses and certs i think 5 all together,
No fitness certs. I still day dream about selling my business and getting into fitness as a career but everyone says there is no $ in it. I just like it so much more then how I make money now.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I have my CEN and CPEN (Certified Emergency and Pediatric Emergency) both proctored and they’re top three toughest along with Critical Care Cert. I can tell you the best techniques for me:

1). Write notes/outlines as you study. The material is “digested” once by your reading, then engages another pathway in the brain when you write it out. Once more when you read back the notes.

2). Teach the material. Nursing certifications are heavy on memorizing drugs, antidotes, standards of practice as opposed to theoretical or applied concepts. They’re memorize and regurgitate (like the NCLEX MCATs etc.). Working with a small group or partner will help all of you pass and you take turns with flash cards, running a study session or simply boring your mate to death at home by teaching them.

3). SMART DRUGS WORK. The Racetams are great while studying as is Adderall. Alpha GPC, Huperzine and Phosphatidylserine help with the actual test day by lowering anxiety and keeping neurotransmitters working high speed.

Which of the smart drugs worked best for you? Or, a combo of them?

I lived on caffeine/Ephedrine for many years studying in college, lol.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Desmopressin for studying but it’s an intra nasal drug used for bed wetters. It’s an antidiuretic hormone but it’s AMAZING for retaining info for exams. Adderrall also great for cramming the night before or taken on test day for super concentration/recall.

Or the legal and readily available: Piracetam , Alpha GPC and Hup A all work but effective doses vary greatly. I got much( of my info and still peruse https://www.longecity.org/forum/

The life extension guys fight me on TRT and GH but they know a fuckton about hacking your brain.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
My whole damn career seem to be revolving around collecting certifications each year. At this point, maybe 20+ most of which I have probably forgotten I even did. I eventually swore I would retire before getting certified again for any reason. So I retired three years ago. My job teaching college has not required me to get any kind of certification.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
if you dont believe in what you want to do -- all your doing is wasting time

enjoy life is the key

Or if you don't like what you do. I did that for over a decade and I was miserable. No amount of money will make up for hating what you do for work.

Someone famous once said... Do what you love, and never work a day in your life. I believe that, which is why I'm doing a 180 and changing careers. I found what I enjoy. It may have taken me many years, but that's ok.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic