Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Casein Protein

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My coach recommends casein before I go to bed as a source of slow digesting protein while I sleep. I have been eating whole milk cottage cheese, but am getting tire of it.

Do any of you have a brand of casein that you like? If so, what brands and flavors do you recommend?

I don't want to go in blind on this, because in the past I tried some whey casein and did not like that brand. Unfortunately I don't remember which brand it was! Haha!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I feel it is a waste of your money myself brother.
Unless you are at a professional level or something
Eat a little something it will digest slowly enough IMO
However that is not what you asked so
Gnc house brand and or Optimum nutrition are great products made in the same facility and have a bunch of flavors to choose from something you will like I am sure
Many online vendors giving deals and discounts if you just google it
Cheers

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I feel it is a waste of your money myself brother.
Unless you are at a professional level or something
Eat a little something it will digest slowly enough IMO
However that is not what you asked so
Gnc house brand and or Optimum nutrition are great products made in the same facility and have a bunch of flavors to choose from something you will like I am sure
Many online vendors giving deals and discounts if you just google it
Cheers

Are you suggesting I should be a realist about all of this???? Damn, there go my dreams of being Mr. Olympia and the world's strongest man (all in the same year)..... :( Haha!

Thanks for the recommendation on casein bud!

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
You could always run a simple whey shake with added fat (if your daily caloric intake levels will allow). ON casein is good, True Nutrition has a build your own formula that you can mix and match flavors, proteins etc

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I agree with the others. Having a lean meat or eggs before bed would be so much more satisfying plus you get a slight boost in thermogenesis with digestion as a added benefit.

But if in a pitch I also have to agree with others that ON nutrition is one of the better tasting, more palpable casiens. The last casien I had was vitamin shoppe brand and it was a huge mistake. Taste like a fake vanilla chalk dust. It's still sitting in the cupboard.

N

Norse12

Dec 7, 2019
I switched from ON casein to MusclePharm Combat casein and have never looked back. Silly name but it's the smoothest casein that I've ever tried. Cookies & Cream is favourite flavour, wife prefers it too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic