Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Carrier for powder advices needed

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I was thinking hypothecally more for a very dose specific compound like dbol or anavar.
can we take it even further and ask... what your administering it with? a dropper or liquid syringe? the reason I ask is that for an oral the carrier doesn't matter unless you are trying to make it dissolve and go into solution, at that point you need a solvent like PEG...If you make a solution is will taste just like shit too.. If it is a suspension, the carrier can be koolaide, you still have to shake it up pretty good. get a scale and make some caps... you'll be much happier.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I can try both. Caps seemed like it would be difficult getting a single measure of 20 or 25 mg on a .01g scale accurately. I will get a .001g scale I guess.

Last edited:

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Yea the everclear a bit rough, especially in the morning but it was quick/easy/cheap to make dbol accurately dosed.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I can try both. Caps seemed like it would be difficult getting a single measure of 20 or 25 mg on a .01g scale accurately. I will get a .001g scale I guess.
You can get the scales off ebay for like $15. once you have that it's simple math really.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
You can get the scales off ebay for like $15. once you have that it's simple math really.
Yeah. The problem with the.01g scales is I can't single dose because the scale isn't super sensitive at .02g amounts. The .001g would solve that problem

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
once you get the scales... your next question is... what to use for filler???

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Prime...sorry it took me a while to get back on this.

Here is what I do....not that it is right or wrong but it works for me. I use this a decent amount. As an example, I am running EC "Y" in my cut right now. The addition of yohimbine can be very dangerous and I dont trust cap 2.5mg dosing of some supp company when most pharma stuff has a hard time getting that right. So I bought 10g of bulk powder and made my own suspension.

There is more than just mixing the powder in the solution as well....but the same techniques can be done with ora sweet...etc. I just make my own as it is easy.

First my suspension medium. I use 8 grape vodka 4-6oz water and heat it up well. (the alcohol is to keep bacteria growth down) I then transfer to a blender. I use xantham gum like pic below.

Xantham%20Gum.jpg

You can find it in most grocery stores next to the specialty flours and baking. I think the whole bag was like 4-5$, That would make more suspension then you can ever use....trust me.

I add 1/4 tsp to liquid slowly while "pulsing" the blender. (dont go too fast or it will clump). I then add 1/8 more.....slowly (or just by look). You can make it as thick as you want. I make mine not quite as thick as maple syrup. I then take liquid grape kool aid flavoring (mio type stuff) and squirt a bunch in and blend. I over flavor since you are only taking it in 1/4 to 1ml doses depending on how you dose it.

OK...here is where you start with the same techniques if you are using another suspension vehicle.

I use a 100ml bottle. I take and 'calibrate' it by adding 100ml to it and marking the level water reaches when I add 100ml to it. (you can use a syringe or even weigh it you want) I mark with a fine point sharpe and label 100ml and cover over with a piece of clear tape to protect my marks.

I then figure out my dosing. For yohimbine, I use 5mg/ml. (it tastes terrible!) For some other things, I will use 50mg/ml...etc...all depends. For 100ml @5mg I need .5g powder.

I take a small mortar and pestle and weigh the mortar (bowel part) and note it's weight. I use gram scale sensitive to .01g. I add .5g to it.

Then I add a small amount of my suspension medium and work it in with the pestle trying to keep it as centralized in the bowel as possible but trying to incorporate all the powder into a homogeneous mix. (depending upon how granular your powder is or how 'clumpy' you may have to work a little. I work till totally smooth and no clumps.

When that is accomplished, I put a small funnel in my 100ml jar. I pour just a touch of medium down the funnel to wet the sides first (dont want your high concentration initial pour sticking to the sides of funnel). I then try to 'pour' the first bit in the bottle. If you do it right and not too fast, you can do it so most wont even touch the funnel and just drop right in. I am careful to catch all drips with the pestle when I have the majority transferred. (dont worry about getting it all). The bottle now has aprox 10ml of high concentration suspension in it.

Now the repeated rinsing of anything my powder touched. I do this 5 or 6 times. Pouring more suspension medium in the mortar and working it around...making sure it pulls off all the stuff off the pestle..etc, then pour down the funnel. Repeat over and over "rinsing" with you medium into the 100ml vial. When you are confident you have rinsed enough.....just fill to the final level you marked earlier.

When you look at it, you will see the stratified layers of the first mix and subsequent 'rinses' in the bottle to where it is just suspension medium. Then put a cap on it and shake. (it should suspend very easily now and no fear of clumping or uneven mixture).

Depending on how thick you make it....or how dense the powder is, I have some that dont settle at all, and others that will after a few days. But they remix easily and there is no rush to pull into a 1ml oral syringe worried the powder is settling too fast.

Good luck...> The take-away, is to mix the powder first in a small batch and manually combine them working out any lumps. That make reaching a finial suspension that is even pretty much assured. The mix will be as accurate as your methods.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
If most of the capsule is filler how do you know its dosed evenly? If mixed thouroughly can one assume the distribution would be even?

I just ordered a small mortar and pestal to try the premixing of solution concentrate.

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
L-glutamine would work...creatine or bcaa's. Even baking soda. You want something that doesn't get sticky or clump. Dextrose is Not a good choice since the slightest bit of moisture will make it sticky. The best thing to do is to measure your effective dose, Say 50mg, and put it in the cap. Then fill the cap and pack it well with your filler. Then weigh the cap.(make sure you subtract the empty cap weight). Do this about 10 times to get a good average. Once you have a good ave. do the math according to your batch. (50mg * x)+ (y*x) where x = cap count and y = ave filler weight. Measure and add those weights to a ziplock bag and inflate the bag. Shake the bag for several minutes to ensure the mix is properly distributed. Then cap. This will work until you get a good tumbler and capping machine.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic