Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Carpel tunnel

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
I recently underwent a carpel tunnel release on my left hand...it has been about 7 weeks now and the pain in my palm and the side of my hand is almost unbearable to lift. I am having to go with lighter weight, which sucks, and have went to using straps for pretty well any pull routine. Today i finally went up to 125 dumbells for incline bench for 4 sets of 10, and after that i was done, couldnt use that hand for anything. has anyone here underwent this procedure? wondering how long the bruising and pain will last and if this is normal? tired of not being able to push myself. Any advice or help would be great...would running high dose HGH help speed up the recovery on carpel tunnel injury?

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
I was diagonosed with bi lateral carpel tunnel years ago.. I refuse to let anyone cut on me so I sought out different answers.. Finally found a chiro that said he could treat it.. He said most nerves are pinched before the tunnel.. He was right.. within 3 weeks I was feeling like a million bucks

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
I was diagonosed with bi lateral carpel tunnel years ago.. I refuse to let anyone cut on me so I sought out different answers.. Finally found a chiro that said he could treat it.. He said most nerves are pinched before the tunnel.. He was right.. within 3 weeks I was feeling like a million bucks

Ive already had my surgery so that wont help too much...lol. but if it flairs up again in my right hand ill look into that. thanks. I know hgh has amazing abilities to heal injuries...didnt know if it could help with this, and if so what dosage would be required to achieve this...

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have had the surgery on both hands.Give it at least 3 months to heal.I got mine back to back so i focused on things i could do with my legs in training.The incision had freak pains ince in awhile up to 6 months after the surgery.

I did a competition within four months after the last surgery and while I bombed the farmers I was able to do everything else.My grip sucked to begin with but I wonder if this surgery has affected it in some ways.

T

Tommy1984

Mar 16, 2011
My uncle had the surgery and it took about 9 weeks before he was able to lift anything serious. If you start little by little, you should be back up to normal in no time at all.

If you have done it more than once, you are not doing it right. Truer words have not been spoken about nano silver!

Last edited:
S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
I have had the surgery on both hands.Give it at least 3 months to heal.I got mine back to back so i focused on things i could do with my legs in training.The incision had freak pains ince in awhile up to 6 months after the surgery.

I did a competition within four months after the last surgery and while I bombed the farmers I was able to do everything else.My grip sucked to begin with but I wonder if this surgery has affected it in some ways.

thanks man. yeah i had a great grip, have some 300lb grippers i was using...i cant even squeeze the 200 now...but im workin back to it. the pain isnt even in the incision, its the part of my palm near my thumb and up the side by my pinky...but its rough.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
soft tissue takes a long time to heal and for the inflammation to go down. i agree with jute on not letting anyone cut on me! mine have bothered me for going on 4 years now. my hands would go to sleep when i was working and my grip has gone to hell. i started wearing wrist braces to sleep at night and that has kept me from needing to have anything else done. now it is more arthritis in my hands and wrists but that is managable with glucosamine injections.

try boswellia, it is a great natural antiinflammatory. i used it after i tore my ACL and the swelling was out of my knee in three days! when i finally went to the doctor and had it replaced he couldnt believe that i was essentially pain free on it given the amount of damage that was present.

also, go online and look for some poultice pads called animallintex. get the rolls. they are a little spendy but man, they draw out the inflammation amazingly well. cut them to fit the area, get them wet with hot water and wrap them every night. you will be amazed at how much better they feel and quicker!

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
soft tissue takes a long time to heal and for the inflammation to go down. i agree with jute on not letting anyone cut on me! mine have bothered me for going on 4 years now. my hands would go to sleep when i was working and my grip has gone to hell. i started wearing wrist braces to sleep at night and that has kept me from needing to have anything else done. now it is more arthritis in my hands and wrists but that is managable with glucosamine injections.

try boswellia, it is a great natural antiinflammatory. i used it after i tore my ACL and the swelling was out of my knee in three days! when i finally went to the doctor and had it replaced he couldnt believe that i was essentially pain free on it given the amount of damage that was present.

also, go online and look for some poultice pads called animallintex. get the rolls. they are a little spendy but man, they draw out the inflammation amazingly well. cut them to fit the area, get them wet with hot water and wrap them every night. you will be amazed at how much better they feel and quicker!

some of the best advice ive seen on here...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic