Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Carpel Tunnel Surgery

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015
Going this Monday to get this thing done finally on my right hand. Need it done on both but doing the worst hand first. Just curious if anyone has had this procedure done before and what to expect as far as real life experience with pain after and how long it took to actually be able to do things like work and gym etc.

Any input is appreciated.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Going this Monday to get this thing done finally on my right hand. Need it done on both but doing the worst hand first. Just curious if anyone has had this procedure done before and what to expect as far as real life experience with pain after and how long it took to actually be able to do things like work and gym etc.

Any input is appreciated.
I personally have not had the surgery but I work in manufacturing industry and know numerous people that have had it done. Make a small slit in the palm of your hand. Everyone I know was back to work in about 4 weeks.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . Need it done on both but doing the worst hand first . . .
Smart strategy. I have no personal or near-personal (wife) experience to offer on carpel tunnel, but ...........

There's only about a million "orthopedic" guys in our area, but the one who is known as THE knee replacement guy did both knee replacements for my wife. She wasn't sure of the timing aspect at first, but he insisted on waiting about a year between surgeries for her.

That halftime break may vary with the bodypart and the severity of symptoms each patient presents, but "don't rush things" is usually a good approach.

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015
I went two days ago. I remember being on the table before they gassed me and I asked about doing both hands the same day and I think I remembered them laughing before I passed out lol.

Anyway day two and it’s not too bad. They gave me Tylenol with codeine 5 tabs and only took one the night of and yesterday. But I feel ok today and am able to move my hand for the most part with no pain. Gotta go Thursday to have stitches removed. Just resting my hand for now. Obviously he told me no gym or lifting anything more then 2 pounds of possible till he sees me to go over things.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic