pbtom
What's New?

Carnivore vs Keto

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So what are some of the main differences here? Is it just the removal of vegetables from Keto to make it Carnivore? Drop some knowledge @testboner @SAD

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
There is Carnivore, and there is CARNIVORE. Saw something on the Net about Heidi Montag eating raw meat, mostly organ meat, including hearts and livers and testicles ("oh my," to quote Dorothy from Wizard of Oz).

Alledgedly she is doing this to help her get pregnant, and any suspicions I have that she just wants to save money by acting as her own publicity agent are only .........

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I think the biggest difference is keto still allows you to eat processed foods and carnivore you cannot. I have seen some carnivore purists who won't even put seasoning on their meat.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
So what are some of the main differences here? Is it just the removal of vegetables from Keto to make it Carnivore? Drop some knowledge @testboner @SAD

Keto can be inclusive of just about ANY source of food type — both “healthy” whole foods, and junk based as well. It’s aim is primarily to simply remain below a particular carb intake (which can vary by individual) so as to both get into, and remain in a state of ketosis. Over a certain threshold of carbs, ketosis (thus ketone release) is curtailed.
So essentially, “Keto” concerns itself as a macro based dietary pattern that keeps its adherent in a state of ketosis.

Carnivore [proper] is defined as being animal based — by and large, the practitioner simply consumes animal based foods.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've only ate animal based protein on keto, hence my question.

Is fish and chicken included in carnivore or only red meats and organ meats?
What's the point of the bone broth?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

LK,

Yes, fish and chicken are “carnivore” — animal based. Broth is simply soothing to drink, adds moisture to various meat dish recipes, it’s nutritious, it’s animal based and adds variety.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Bone broth isn’t necessary at all but it’s a simple way to get your protein and collagen. I also eat a decent amount of fish and chicken but they’re not sexy so I don’t post it.

The only thing I could add to the answered question about carnivore vs keto is that both are better than neither.

2ndWave

Nov 16, 2020

I am currently in the middle of a book called "Deep Nutrition - Why your Genes Need Tradiditonal Food." The author, Catherine Shanahan, is an MD and a Biochemist. One of her strongest recommendations is bone broth, as well as eating meat cooked with its bones. Collagen has a huge amount of benefits for the entire body, not just skin bec it connects all the various cells in our body and helps them function more efficiently. Benefits include joint health (collagen can concentrate great levels of fluids that lubricate our joints), it extends "the strips and sheets in the sturdier tissues like ligaments and tendons" and helps keep those "tendons and ligaments stay supple." It's an anti-inflammatory for the whole body. It speeds up the healing process for broken bones or skin wounds. While collagen doesn't directly improve muscle growth or athletic performance, it does support those functions in our bodies that help us get more benefits from a good exercise routine and diet. One thing tho, is that it can take a few months before the good effects kick in. Collagen is a food, not a pharmaceutical, so it needs time to build up and do its thing.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I think the biggest difference is keto still allows you to eat processed foods and carnivore you cannot. I have seen some carnivore purists who won't even put seasoning on their meat.
This is pretty accurate. I have found I feel much better on carnivore than keto. Its also a lot less complicated.

Melissa_098

Melissa_098

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2022
keto allows you to eat processed foods and carnivore you cannot. So choice is always depends on you!

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I’m attempting carnivore myself. I’m not giving up sauces and seasonings though just making sure they don’t have much or any sugar

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic