pbtom
What's New?

Carnivore Challenge

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
View attachment 12580
This is what 1/2lb of raw liver cubed up looks like before I chug it. Steaks and omelets are sexy but this is where the work is for me. I know I need it and I do feel the difference, but it’s the worst 10min, 3-4x week for me, lol. Still worth it.

Bw 244lbs. Been cheating too regularly with sweets but I’m done with that for a while. Still no veggies or fruits or pastas or breads. Just a little rice here and there and some ice cream and/or chocolate when I cave in.
Not sure, but that reads like you feel a difference between the raw liver and the rest of "Carnivore?"

(If so), how do you feel a difference, and .....

Do you suppose that difference is due to the liver itself or to the fact this meat is uncooked whereas the others you eat are cooked?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Not sure, but that reads like you feel a difference between the raw liver and the rest of "Carnivore?"

(If so), how do you feel a difference, and .....

Do you suppose that difference is due to the liver itself or to the fact this meat is uncooked whereas the others you eat are cooked?

I’ve gone up to 8-10 days without liver and each time I do, when I add the liver back in, I get a pop of energy over the next couple days and I’m more vascular and seem to just function on a higher level. Possibly some placebo but not entirely, no way.

And while the rawness does keep all the nutrients at 100%, I eat all my red meat at med-rare or rare, so I get plenty of raw.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Historical note: wondering if way, way back, when Vince Gironda was advocating "dessicated" liver supps, he was on to something, or if the involvement of "ancient," or modern, food processing makes any discussion of Liver and other meat irrelevant.

Me? . . . I'm the last one to have a clue. Just trying to provoke discussion.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Historical note: wondering if way, way back, when Vince Gironda was advocating "dessicated" liver supps, he was on to something, or if the involvement of "ancient," or modern, food processing makes any discussion of Liver and other meat irrelevant.

Me? . . . I'm the last one to have a clue. Just trying to provoke discussion.

I have yet to look into the desiccated liver pills because
A.) there’s no way they can be as good as eating raw liver
B.) I really don’t want them to be an option because it’s too easy and way more $$$$
C.) I’d feel like I was doing push-ups on my knees, so-to-speak. If I’m doing something, I’m DOING something.

But damn I’ve been tempted so many times, haha!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic