Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Carnivore Challenge

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Is dad going off all his meds while on this type of eating?

No. I think a moderate shift in his diet is plenty of “chance” to take with him and his health, at his age and with his preexisting issues (he’s got Hairy Cell Leukemia alongside his diabetes and was also put on a statin when he was diagnosed with diabetes (and I know why now, and it seems backwards)), so he’ll continue his meds until everything is well under control and he’s comfortable reducing until elimination.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
90986D6C-1ECC-4852-B970-77D8113975A7.jpeg

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

So, whole organic fresh fruit at less than 1g per kg of body weight (roughly 115g for me) per day, seems to be alright IF you tolerate it well.

I may add it back in after my next 3 weeks. May add back in spinach and spirulina first. Haven’t decided. But I have decided to start making more creative shit. Gentleman, I present to you, carnivore waffles…

53321869-9D33-4C2B-A8FD-2BF191938229.jpeg

Blend sausage and eggs together until it’s roughly the consistency of waffle batter. Mix in finely shredded cheese, and make in a waffle maker. That’s it. Do they look like waffles? You’re damn right. Do they taste like waffles? Fuck no. They taste like a blended and waffle-fried omelet. But they’re going to make good “buns” for my bacon cheeseburger tomorrow morning.

Bodyweight is down again on the scale to 255 fully clothed. Not loving the rapid weight loss but not scared yet either. I’ve got some to lose but don’t want too much (any) to be muscle. But I’m eating to satiety whenever I want to, so should be good to go.

Workouts still good. Thank you var/gh.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
So, whole organic fresh fruit at less than 1g per kg of body weight (roughly 115g for me) per day, seems to be alright IF you tolerate it well.

I may add it back in after my next 3 weeks. May add back in spinach and spirulina first. Haven’t decided. But I have decided to start making more creative shit. Gentleman, I present to you, carnivore waffles…

View attachment 12396
Blend sausage and eggs together until it’s roughly the consistency of waffle batter. Mix in finely shredded cheese, and make in a waffle maker. That’s it. Do they look like waffles? You’re damn right. Do they taste like waffles? Fuck no. They taste like a blended and waffle-fried omelet. But they’re going to make good “buns” for my bacon cheeseburger tomorrow morning.

Bodyweight is down again on the scale to 255 fully clothed. Not loving the rapid weight loss but not scared yet either. I’ve got some to lose but don’t want too much (any) to be muscle. But I’m eating to satiety whenever I want to, so should be good to go.

Workouts still good. Thank you var/gh.

Yes SAD,
That’s the general formula — but, everyone can vary.
When you’re wanting to try adding anything back in, do it one at time, minimal amount / quantity, and just 2-3x a week.

So far as the weight loss, in my experience (with myself and many others), muscle/lean tissue mass isn’t much concern. You’re consuming a significant amount of the most complete and bioavailable protein, while benefitting from a positive nitrogen retention / anabolic state from your peds. The weight loss is a favorable recomp.

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Slight audible on breakfast this morning. Gonna make the burger later.

6A0864D9-E1F5-4820-9677-C5A361D4F141.jpeg

3 eggs on one “waffle”. 12oz of bone broth. 2oz of liver.

I’m still having trouble with the liver. But I still have trouble making myself row hard for sprints, and I do it anyway. So it’s the same concept.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
SAD,
I by no means have intended to hijack your Carnivore Progress thread/updates. I just figured this is the current popular forum pertaining to carnivore info in general it seems, thus have been posting vid clips / info in relation.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
EE826EDC-6DAD-4EE5-83E3-9D13217821BF.jpeg

I wanted to drop this here and that’s it, but, I need to explain why my burgers are square. I bought a pound of grass fed ground beef and it comes in a square package. I took it out as a perfect square and thought to myself, “self, this shit is already ground so why do it again with your hands?” So I cut it in half with a knife and cooked it like that, and you know what? It keeps in a tremendous amount of the fat, which is good for carnivore. So it’s a win-win.

I’m noticeably leaner in the face. Getting some comments from friends and family. The meathead in me reallly hates to hear “whoa, you look smaller!” Haha. All good. Staying the course.

I actually think I look good and I definitely feel good. Riding the train.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
View attachment 12402

I wanted to drop this here and that’s it, but, I need to explain why my burgers are square. I bought a pound of grass fed ground beef and it comes in a square package. I took it out as a perfect square and thought to myself, “self, this shit is already ground so why do it again with your hands?” So I cut it in half with a knife and cooked it like that, and you know what? It keeps in a tremendous amount of the fat, which is good for carnivore. So it’s a win-win.

I’m noticeably leaner in the face. Getting some comments from friends and family. The meathead in me reallly hates to hear “whoa, you look smaller!” Haha. All good. Staying the course.

Awesome!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hey SAD,
In your research of carnivore / ancestral eating, did you happen to see any info from Dr Bill Schindler?
I’m surprised to have just learned of him myself. He was on a podcast with the “Food Lies” dude (Brian Sanders).
Here’s a piece of his (Schindler) bio, and a brief vid:

Dr. Bill Schindler (born January 20, 1973) is an Associate Professor of Anthropology and Archaeology at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland, and also the Director of the Eastern Shore Food Lab. As both an experimental archaeologist and primitive technologist, his research and teaching, both in and outside of the college, revolve around a comprehensive understanding of prehistoric technologies including lithic (stone tool) technologies, prehistoric ceramic technologies, projectile technologies, hunting, foraging, hide working, fiber technologies and all aspects of prehistoric food acquisition, processing, storage, and consumption.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
View attachment 12402

Careful I may jump on the wagon for a bit and I am no bandwagon jumper either.!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic