Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Carnivore Challenge

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Whoa! Baker seems more relaxed than I expected. Substitutes fruit for organ, if I caught that right? And I could pick Stan’s brain for weeks.

Ate lean this morning because I overdid the cheese and fatty stuff yesterday. Also the last time I’m buying cheap meat and also the last time I’m buying thin meat.

View attachment 12373

Yeah, Shawn and in particular, Paul Saladino differ on the crucial necessity / value of organ meats. Shawn generally sticks to (in order of quantity of main staples) Beef / muscle meat, eggs, then fish. His take is that so long as you’re consuming enough muscle meat, then organs aren’t going to appreciably add anything. Saladino is a bit more diverse particularly since he visited the Hadza not too far back. His take is that organ meats provide uniquely more than any other food. And he’s begun adding “some” fruits and honey.
Shawn himself generally doesn’t have any fruit, but basically gives space for those who want something in addition to animal based. Fruit in his casual opinion is likely the least offender food outside animal based. Shawn generally avoids all veggies. Saladino pretty much does as well.

Reactions: SAD
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . And he’s begun adding “some” fruits and honey . . .
A bit ot here in a carnivore thread, but what's the deal with Honey? Never got as deeply into Diet as some here have, but have read conflicting views on Honey for years.

Some say it's just another condiment, like catsup or mustard or maple syrup ...except it's just honey-flavored sugar. But I have seen articles that accord it some kind of mystical, almost biblical, value(?) Seen jars with a piece of honeycomb in there, kinda like a bottle of Tequila with worm included. A sales gimmick, or an indication of quality beyond just honey-flavored sugar water?

Anything to that, any difference between "raw," "organic" Honey from a health food store and WalMart store brand?

Assuming you do get what you pay for with different Honeys, does the added benefit offset the compromise you make with a Carnivore, or any other type of strict, diet?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
A bit ot here in a carnivore thread, but what's the deal with Honey? Never got as deeply into Diet as some here have, but have read conflicting views on Honey for years.

Some say it's just another condiment, like catsup or mustard or maple syrup ...except it's just honey-flavored sugar. But I have seen articles that accord it some kind of mystical, almost biblical, value(?) Seen jars with a piece of honeycomb in there, kinda like a bottle of Tequila with worm included. A sales gimmick, or an indication of quality beyond just honey-flavored sugar water?

Anything to that, any difference between "raw," "organic" Honey from a health food store and WalMart store brand?

Assuming you do get what you pay for with different Honeys, does the added benefit offset the compromise you make with a Carnivore, or any other type of strict, diet?

While honey comes from bees, much like milk comes from cows, they’re both off limits to strict carnivores because of the sugar content. Also, honey is bee vomit. Once I found that out I wasn’t as keen on it anymore.

And I wanted it on this diet so badly too.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

RD,
Honey is quite understandably confusing. Longer story short, most all “honey” sold in grocery stores is not REAL honey. It’s pretty much useless other than for a sweetener.
Real honey is honey that hasn’t had it’s pollen removed. “Fake” (non nutritive, non beneficial) honey has everything filtered out of it. Real honey has a myriad of beneficial ingredients.

When we hear or read of info about honey, it’s important to know whether or not it’s about real honey, or, simply useless (other than tasty sugar) fake honey.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
RD,
Honey is quite understandably confusing. Longer story short, most all “honey” sold in grocery stores is not REAL honey. It’s pretty much useless other than for a sweetener.
Real honey is honey that hasn’t had it’s pollen removed. “Fake” (non nutritive, non beneficial) honey has everything filtered out of it. Real honey has a myriad of beneficial ingredients.

When we hear or read of info about honey, it’s important to know whether or not it’s about real honey, or, simply useless (other than tasty sugar) fake honey.

TB, what is your take on animal food containing Igf-1 being linked to proliferating cancer cells?...

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
TB, what is your take on animal food containing Igf-1 being linked to proliferating cancer cells?...

“My” take is that absent actual offender ingredients (i.e., foods in addition) — in other words, meat / animal based foods on their own exclusively that contain Igf-1, do not create a biologic atmosphere conducive to cancer… the contrary is true.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
While honey comes from bees, much like milk comes from cows, they’re both off limits to strict carnivores because of the sugar content. Also, honey is bee vomit. Once I found that out I wasn’t as keen on it anymore.

And I wanted it on this diet so badly too.
Understood on just how strict a Carnivore Diet someone wants to follow.

Given Men's fascination with women who are squirters, however, I don't see how bee barf can be all that bad :p

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Today is day 8. So far, my body fat is down, energy is consistent, and I’m not really having trouble with hunger anymore. Weight was 256 this morning at my first gym session, which is almost a full 10lbs in a week BUT, that was post cardio and pre-food, so add in the half gallon of water I’ve had since then and the 6 eggs with sausage and beef and cheese, and I’m likely around 258-259 right now.

I went to a fish fry yesterday with a bunch of veterans…and I’ll be honest with you, I’d rather fucking tell everyone that I’m fasting until I weight 100lbs than to have to tell people I only eat meat. The vets were all gung-ho about it on the surface level “ah fuck yeah, meat only, I can do that!”, but then as I snatched pieces of the raw fish to pan-fry in butter because I didn’t want the breading or the canola oil…they realized that it wasn’t like they thought. Oh and the wives and women there, Jesus, you’d have thought that I personally took a shit on the faces of every vegan and nutritionist on earth when I told them I don’t eat anything but animals. Literally not going to talk to large groups about it ever again because it’s one research-informed person trying to educate 20 heresay experts on something that sounds fucking crazy at first. Lol, I just had to start making fun of myself with them instead of trying to explain anything. Good times.

So far I’d say that at the very least, this is a helluva way to kickstart a new way of eating. Exclude everything but carnivore for X time, and then slowly add things back in, keeping what you can and getting rid of things that hurt your stomach or cause inflammation in the joints or otherwise doesn’t agree with your goals.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Today is day 8. So far, my body fat is down, energy is consistent, and I’m not really having trouble with hunger anymore. Weight was 256 this morning at my first gym session, which is almost a full 10lbs in a week BUT, that was post cardio and pre-food, so add in the half gallon of water I’ve had since then and the 6 eggs with sausage and beef and cheese, and I’m likely around 258-259 right now.

I went to a fish fry yesterday with a bunch of veterans…and I’ll be honest with you, I’d rather fucking tell everyone that I’m fasting until I weight 100lbs than to have to tell people I only eat meat. The vets were all gung-ho about it on the surface level “ah fuck yeah, meat only, I can do that!”, but then as I snatched pieces of the raw fish to pan-fry in butter because I didn’t want the breading or the canola oil…they realized that it wasn’t like they thought. Oh and the wives and women there, Jesus, you’d have thought that I personally took a shit on the faces of every vegan and nutritionist on earth when I told them I don’t eat anything but animals. Literally not going to talk to large groups about it ever again because it’s one research-informed person trying to educate 20 heresay experts on something that sounds fucking crazy at first. Lol, I just had to start making fun of myself with them instead of trying to explain anything. Good times.

So far I’d say that at the very least, this is a helluva way to kickstart a new way of eating. Exclude everything but carnivore for X time, and then slowly add things back in, keeping what you can and getting rid of things that hurt your stomach or cause inflammation in the joints or otherwise doesn’t agree with your goals.
Other than scale and mirror are you getting any lab work done to see if any damage from this type of eating (wont call it a diet)?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Other than scale and mirror are you getting any lab work done to see if any damage from this type of eating (wont call it a diet)?

Besides the scale and mirror, you forget how I feel being a big part of my transparently unscientific and by nature anecdotal experience. If I felt like shit, I’d have already stopped. If I felt the same, it would be much harder to continue to eat just meat while watching my lady and friends eat chips and drink my favorite beer (while also watching the bucs defense choke with 40sec left after another Brady comeback for the ages). But I feel really good, physically for sure but even more so mentally/emotionally. I feel really good, inside and out. There’s no test for that, lol. But…

I’m a vet and so I had my yearly bloodwork done a couple months ago. I will 100% get bloodwork done sometime in the near future, for comparison. That said, I’m not sure how much weight I’ll put on the results, at least initially. One reason for this is that I’m on var and even at low dose, it always “wrecks” my lipids. The reason why I put “wreck” in quotations is because there is quite a bit of modern debate on the meanings of cholesterol markers and their correlation to heart health.

TL : DR
I have pre bloodwork done already, I can get the printout at my next appt. I will get updated bloodwork while on the carnivore, within the next 4 weeks.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

LOL! Great take. You’re doing awesome SAD.

Reactions: SAD
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic