Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

cardio while lifting heavy?

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Do any of you do any type of cardio while powerliftig?Maybe treadmil 20-25 minutes 3 times a week?Not enough to get my heart rate up but just at a med pace so i dont go out of my weight class.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I'm not powerlifting but I think that doing cardio on off days is good. I wouldn't do any before your workout though. It would be counter productive IMO.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I do HIIT and tabata style HIIT. There are really some amazing physical benefits when intense cardiovascular training is added to any athletic routine. More efficient nutrition partitioning, enhanced vo2max, enhanced lactic thresh hold. Two of the more important effects to look at would be the increased levels of glycogen and increased efficiency in glycogen usage.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I do two to three days of conditioning not cardio.I do two upper body,sledge hammer swings and heavy bag work, lower body is hill sprints or light tire flip (350 tire) .

I don't count my 3 miles 3-4 times a week as cardio as I dont really go at cardio speed .I enjoy the walking and consider it more mental therapy ;)

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i get plenty of cardio in the bedroom. nothing like a good old fashioned passionate hate-fuck to get the heart rate up!

p.s. i dig the new sig Rotten! LMAO!!!

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
What about flipping tires?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I do cardio/conditioning 3x week. Pulling sleds, stadiums, and treadmill (LISS). I perform them on my off days as part of my active recovery. I personally think cardio is a good thing b/c your body will be more efficient when oxygenating itself and when trying to lift heavy weight you body will need to be able to oxygenate muscle fibers as quickly as possible.

To much cardio will hinder your strength training so you don't want to overdo it.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
To much cardio will hinder your strength training so you don't want to overdo it.

You have to pick and choice your goals I watch a lifter lady from our team in the past go from just about making Pro to stunning all her gains when she also joined crossfit and added more cardio.

I do it 3x a week on off day and days of training I may pull a tire or drag a sled but I'm not out to burn the muscle off my legs either.

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I havent done any cardio in a year or so , Damn I get tired walking from my car to the house. What is Cardio exactly anyway ? I eat ,sleep, eat , lift , work ,then eat and sleep some more ...Cardio is over rated in my book ....Maybe thats why I get tired from walking in walmart or sweat thinkin about walking past the fridge ?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Moreso than for weightloss, cardio is important for your HEART! I know some of you don't care about your heart, but you should! I hate the fact that I get winded all the time now whereas I would never get winded 5 years ago. This is definitely from lack of cardio. I'm commiting to cardio to bring my health back. Everyone should do some type of cardio during the week. If you hate the treadmill, here are some other options:

1. basketball
2. Play with your kids outside
3. run laps in the pool
4. swim
5. bike or hike a trail
6. run on the beach
7. sex (in a postion that requires your stamina)
8. kickboxing/boxing
9. soccer (not an option for me cuz I hate that 3rd world sport)
10. Eat Celery

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic