Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Carbs

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I gain weight so easily. Never been skinny in my life. When I bulk I up my carbs to 400 and I grow but I'm always left with a lot of work to do afterwards. Is there a specific way you guys take in carbs. Like certain amount at a time, specific timing, ect. Sorry juvenile question for you all I'm sure but packing on muscle not my problem, it's keeping that balance.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Carbs should be consumed earlier in the day and weaned off in the evening with some exceptions. Your highest carb meal should be after you train. If you train in the evenings then you may be in a quandary depending on when you go to sleep. Hard gainers should continue to consume carbs through the day. Another exception, if you have a cheat meal it should be your last meal of the day. This is prevent you from continuing to cheat throughout the day.

Also, remember not all carbs are created equal. Processed carbs are the devil, i.e. breads, candy, ice cream, etc... 400 grams of carbs from rice, oatmeal, vegetables, etc.. goes a very long way.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I gain weight so easily. Never been skinny in my life. When I bulk I up my carbs to 400 and I grow but I'm always left with a lot of work to do afterwards. Is there a specific way you guys take in carbs. Like certain amount at a time, specific timing, ect. Sorry juvenile question for you all I'm sure but packing on muscle not my problem, it's keeping that balance.
Yeah, I don't eat carbs.... at all. Found out years ago that anything over 100g of carbs per day and I just got fat no matter the source. (donuts or oat meal, same result) So about a year ago I just stopped eating carbs. (with the exception of the occasional cheat meal) Best thing I've ever done with my diet.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, I don't eat carbs.... at all. Found out years ago that anything over 100g of carbs per day and I just got fat no matter the source. (donuts or oat meal, same result) So about a year ago I just stopped eating carbs. (with the exception of the occasional cheat meal) Best thing I've ever done with my diet.
I know some people just don't understand that but I'm that way. Rice packs weight on my midsection like crazy. Genetics, metabolism, cortisol whatever it is. Just have to do what works for you.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I was like this. No matter what kind of carbs I ate, I got fat. Only after I started paying attention to what my blood work was saying I was able to figure it out.

My blood glucose levels were always elevated. Fasted I was always between 109 and 126; not diabetic, but pre-diabetic. This caused a lot of insulin resistance. I started taking berberine at 500 mg twice a day and my glucose levels drastically improved in a month. I consistently hit 90-91 every morning fasted, I am below 100 a couple hours after eating now and the fat is melting away. In fact, the fat is melting away faster than when I was on clen, DNP, ECA, tren, etc...

Not saying this will help you, because I do not know if you have the same blood glucose issues, but it may be something to look at.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic