Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Carbs before work out or after, or both?

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Ok I was watching a pod cast and they were talking about timing of carbs with GH and spiking your natural insolin with foods... They were saying to do 2 iu of GH in the morning, then right before your workout, then pound carbs after work out to spike your insolin with the GH after work out, then take 2 iu before bed.. I guess my question is more on if its better to take your carbs before working out. Or after ?

Is the effect noticeable to just a gym rat, or is this time of carbs, insolin, and GH more for the pro bodybuilder trying to get every last bit of gains out his genetic potential. Me being a gym rat should not worry about it, just eat my food and grow the best I can...

OMS

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I feel i it is a waste of time, you store so many carbs that for the regular dude there will be no effect.
I tried the "timing" and grape juice and jerking off at just the right time blah blah.
What works is training harder than everyone else and doing the set that hurts like a fucker, time under tension and being real with yourself and your goals.
Focus on the end game.
Cheers

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I feel i it is a waste of time, you store so many carbs that for the regular dude there will be no effect.
I tried the "timing" and grape juice and jerking off at just the right time blah blah.
What works is training harder than everyone else and doing the set that hurts like a fucker, time under tension and being real with yourself and your goals.
Focus on the end game.
Cheers

This is excactly what I expected, I just wanted to hear it from someone who has tried it. Besides pinning something before work out would be a hassle... I try to bust my ass every work out, Ill just keep the course and not worry about this little stuff.

You rock Littleguy

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Never gave it much thought.....I always go in on an full stomach!....

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I love carbs during.. my best results “recovery wise” were using John meadows peri workout nutritional suggestions. Mainly the HBCD carbs with l citruline and a little bit of mycellar casein during the course of my heavy training days.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I love carbs during.. my best results “recovery wise” were using John meadows peri workout nutritional suggestions. Mainly the HBCD carbs with l citruline and a little bit of mycellar casein during the course of my heavy training days.

JHS, I've thought about using casein....Is it really a big deal?....

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I'm mostly on a keto diet. However Sundays I do a pretty hard leg routine and come home and eat pancakes until I'm about to pop. Then I take a nap. Not sure if it helps but I enjoy the hell out of it

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I'm mostly on a keto diet. However Sundays I do a pretty hard leg routine and come home and eat pancakes until I'm about to pop. Then I take a nap. Not sure if it helps but I enjoy the hell out of it
Yea that’s me all week, Sunday I cheat day all day, till I’m gona burst.... then Monday is back to business....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic