Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Carb help.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
A year or two back we got into a discussion about fat and carb blockers. For the life of me, I can't find what the carb blocker was. Someone said it's legitimate carbohydrate blocker Not some GNC garbage with a skinny woman on the label.

Anyone recall this?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
A year or two back we got into a discussion about fat and carb blockers. For the life of me, I can't find what the carb blocker was. Someone said it's legitimate carbohydrate blocker Not some GNC garbage with a skinny woman on the label.

Anyone recall this?
No idea. But why would you want such a thing anyway?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Like glucose disposal agents?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I am not familiar with the thread you are speaking of but are you looking for something that's OTC or prescription? There are lots of type 2 diabetic drugs that help shuttle glucose out of your blood system to keep blood sugar lower which in turn can help with weight loss in theory.

Berberine is supposedly an over-the-counter weight loss supplement that's supposed to help block carbohydrates from being utilized. I have absolutely no experience using it.

DNP, Metformin would be at the top of my list.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am not familiar with the thread you are speaking of but are you looking for something that's OTC or prescription? There are lots of type 2 diabetic drugs that help shuttle glucose out of your blood system to keep blood sugar lower which in turn can help with weight loss in theory.

Berberine is supposedly an over-the-counter weight loss supplement that's supposed to help block carbohydrates from being utilized. I have absolutely no experience using it.

DNP, Metformin would be at the top of my list.
Berberine is probably the best you will find. I love the stuff and it definitely helps get blood glucose levels down quickly when consuming carbs.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Why not just stop eating carbs?
It's just a question about blocking carbs. I seriously hope you're not implying that a don't know how to diet or I do not have the discipline to do so.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Like glucose disposal agents?
I'm not familiar with that but more of something that prevents the uptake of carbohydrates into the gut.

I'd like to avoid anything that manipulates blood glucose levels. And as for DNP, I'm concerned that at a low body fat it could in discriminately start chewing up muscle tissue

I'll look into Berberine. Thanks!

Last edited:
Mega

Mega

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2012
Agreed , just lower carbs , or cycle them . But as for the GDA( glucose disposal agent , ) lots of guys have success with Matador . I would give that a shot ! Abs for DNP . Don’t get it twisted, DNP IS FAT SPECIFIC!! Does not eat up muscle . It an uncoupler ( copied n pasted instead of typing out)

Dinitrophenol (DNP) is an uncoupler, or has the ability to separate the flow of electrons and the pumping of H+ ions for ATP synthesis. This means that the energy from electron transfer cannot be used for ATP synthesis. Fifty years ago, DNP was given as a drug to help patients lose weight. Why does this work? Why would this be dangerous?

A. Uncoupling the electron transport chain would inhibit fermentation and decrease ATP production, a potentially dangerous situation.
B. If electron transport doesn't produce ATP, then much more sugar must be metabolized for energy needs. Very low production of ATP would be lethal.

so basically it just targets fat . But if you are already kinda lean I don’t think it will work as good if you have higher body fat % .
Another option is clen and l carnitine .
Hope this helps a little
Mega

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying if carbs make you fat why eat them?
Safe to say, I don't get fat. My drop between heavy and jacked is maybe about 8 lbs. I just stay somewhat strict with my diet over winter.

Carbs don't make me gain weight, nor does fat or protein for that matter. It's an excess at the end of the day that will make me put on weight. My go-to first is to cut fats, then carbs while never touching my protein in take. Protein is the 3rd rail for dieting, you just don't touch it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic