Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

carb cycling

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm a strength athlete and my diet is cyclic. I don't just cycle carbs though I cycle proteins and fats to. It's worked VERY well for me.

My layout is High, Med, and Lows Days. On my High days it's high carbs, low protein, and low fats. Med Day is medium fat, protein, and carbs. On my Low days it's high fats and proteins, and low carbs. My high days are on my lifting days. My med and low days are on my conditioning days.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
BI, if you don't mind me asking.

What types of sources do you use for your proteins, fats and carbohydrates?

Do you eat any fast food on your high days? Or sweets or candy?

The basics would be: chicken, fish, beef, and pork
Potatoes, rice , oatmeal
Oils, nuts

Just curious if you do anything different or how clean you keep everything.

What about fluids?

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI, if you don't mind me asking.

What types of sources do you use for your proteins, fats and carbohydrates?

Do you eat any fast food on your high days? Or sweets or candy?

The basics would be: chicken, fish, beef, and pork
Potatoes, rice , oatmeal
Oils, nuts

Just curious if you do anything different or how clean you keep everything.

What about fluids?

My proteins are from chicken, eggs, steak, and pork (all lean cuts). My carbs are mostly made up of quinoa and oats but I do put in brown and black rice sometimes. My fats are from natty pb and MCT oil. I eat A LOT of green veggies each day like asparagus, broccoli, green beans and have a green smoothie 2x week. I also put mushrooms, onions, and peppers in my meals.

Do I eat some bad meals like fast food???... sure. I do that a couple times a week esp if it's my heaviest week of training.

As for fluids, I drink 1.5gallons or more each day. I also drink 1/2 strength powerade while I train.

My diet is very basic but it tastes good and it's very healthy to.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for sharing man.

narcissus79

narcissus79

Oct 17, 2012
Even on diets, let alone carb rotation, I never lower my omega 3's. 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil with EVERY meal!!

B

Bert

Apr 24, 2013
In my opinion, if you are doing the same factors over and over, it may just be time to mix factors up, If you always consume a proteins consume in the morning and night, change it up. Miss it even for days....

R

Rylee111

Aug 17, 2013
Well i have use it and it has help in the case of reducing the weight and every European people have like it do you like it dude?????

P

Pure-Elite

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the above article really helped

I hate carb loading had to do it last year for a comp prep and really messed it up it made me miserable

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic