Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Car Wreck, now what?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
So the 16th of December I was involved in a 4 car pileup. My car was not messed up too badly but it knocked the hell out of me. Back, neck and shoulder all hurt for the next 3-4 days. Then all cleared up but not the shoulder. I had my had on the shifter at the time of impact. Went to the Dr today after 2 weeks of not being able to work out at all. He tells me it might be a good while before I'm able to do Jiu-jitsu or lift again. Also the guy at fault his insurance company are being assholes. I've had to lawyer up. My questions are: If you have been through this what should I expect next as far as the legal side of things? and How long should I expect to be out? Dr suspects rotator cuff. MRI tomorrow.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Depends on your attorney and how insurance co feels about him. Keep track of all your expenses, dr, meds, travel, lost wages etc.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
If you're looking for a settlement, it generally takes a couple years from what I've seen.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Yep a couple of years, in Ca because of the back log. IF it is your cuff and you need surgery it will be 6 months to a year for 100 % recovery. Ive done the shoulder surgery and recovery, its not fun at all, but now its stonger than my other shoulder.

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
Yea, I had two rotator cuff surgeries as a result of a car accident (blew out a disk in my middle back and broke my neck, but anyway) It took 4 mos before I was able to use my right arm enough to have surgery on the left. It's been 2 years since the left was done and it still itches inside sometimes. Overall, I could have gone back to work after a year total or 6 mos for the first one. Unfortunately, after nearly 3 years I'm still outta work and my trial is in another 5 months (3 years till trial). I live in Wyoming. I'm trying hard to recover my strength and physical condition after a long down time. Good luck in your recovery and your lawsuit.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Fuck....that's not what I wanted to hear. I hope mine is not that bad. I won't know until we get the MRI I guess. All I'm looking for legally is for my medical costs to be covered and my car fixed. They are trying to get me to sign off on a waiver and take like 2 grand. My lawyer said don't even think about it.

Update: Doc also found I had a rib popped out. Explains some of the pain I guess.

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
Hey gunslinger I had a full tear and some other shit in my right shoulder and a partial tear and some aberrations in some muscles in the left so it was pretty extensive thus the long recovery. I've had my first rib popped out of place before. Caused a knot on the back of my neck and yea, some pain but once set back in place, it was fine within a week. Hope your MRI shows only minor stuff and you won't need surgery. And yea, if you do have a legal case, two grand is almost an insult lol. Good luck!

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Hey gunslinger I had a full tear and some other shit in my right shoulder and a partial tear and some aberrations in some muscles in the left so it was pretty extensive thus the long recovery. I've had my first rib popped out of place before. Caused a knot on the back of my neck and yea, some pain but once set back in place, it was fine within a week. Hope your MRI shows only minor stuff and you won't need surgery. And yea, if you do have a legal case, two grand is almost an insult lol. Good luck!

Yeah he popped it back in the other day and it's already feeling better. As for the legal case I don't see how I couldn't have a case. Their client rear ended the people behind me and started a chain reaction.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Usually you will receive 3X your medical bills as payment from the insurance company. So rack up as much as possible, make sure u goto the chiropractor as many times a week as u can. Listen to your dr and goto all rehab appointments, this is the time to take time off and completely heal as there is a financial incentive....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Do you have med pay? If you don't.... get it for future accidents. That way you can run up bills without worry b/c it's first dollar coverage. As for time... I would say a year for settlement or possibly longer.

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
A pop out rib is paining in the shoulder?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic