Kiddorism
What's New?

Car Wreck, now what?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
A pop out rib is paining in the shoulder

No, it was causing back pain. The shoulder was a separate injury.

Update:

After several weeks of treatment and physical therapy This is my second week back in the gym. I've gained about 10 pounds (not good weight) and I'm weak as fuck. I'm talking 30lb dumbbells. Mostly pain free so far.

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
2 yrs if you are lucky/normal

pix3r

pix3r

Mar 14, 2017
Sorry to hear. Normally stuff like this can take years, at least it did in canada. I got in a bad crash in early 20** and it took 4 years to settle for something that i wasn't at fault for. Keep track of all your expenses. Also, make sure to hitup recovery (massage/chiro...) when your feeling pain, it will creat a trail of records on its own which can help the other side see that you were hurt and such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
this is what i do for a living.

What state are you in? this plays a major factor.
Its good you layered up. Did you get a lawyer who specializes in personal injury?
Do you have major medical coverage? Have you missed work as a result?

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
So the 16th of December I was involved in a 4 car pileup. My car was not messed up too badly but it knocked the hell out of me. Back, neck and shoulder all hurt for the next 3-4 days. Then all cleared up but not the shoulder. I had my had on the shifter at the time of impact. Went to the Dr today after 2 weeks of not being able to work out at all. He tells me it might be a good while before I'm able to do Jiu-jitsu or lift again. Also the guy at fault his insurance company are being assholes. I've had to lawyer up. My questions are: If you have been through this what should I expect next as far as the legal side of things? and How long should I expect to be out? Dr suspects rotator cuff. MRI tomorrow.

Hey Man,

I just went through this. I was hit by a drunk driver (as a pedestrian) on Oct. 31, 2015

My personal car insurance covers me for accidents whether or not I'm driving a car, but they were FUCKING DICKS about paying up. I had to lawyer up.

I finally got my settlement in January of 2017. However, when you get a settlement like this you have to pay ~30% to your lawyer AND... ...drumroll... ...you have to pay back your medical insurance for the costs they incurred to fix you. In my case that was nearly a quarter million dollars (but they settled for half that). so what seemed like a great settlement ended up being pretty meh. gave more to lawyer and medical insurance than i got to keep.

good luck with your troubles.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey Man,

I just went through this. I was hit by a drunk driver (as a pedestrian) on Oct. 31, 2015

My personal car insurance covers me for accidents whether or not I'm driving a car, but they were FUCKING DICKS about paying up. I had to lawyer up.

I finally got my settlement in January of 2017. However, when you get a settlement like this you have to pay ~30% to your lawyer AND... ...drumroll... ...you have to pay back your medical insurance for the costs they incurred to fix you. In my case that was nearly a quarter million dollars (but they settled for half that). so what seemed like a great settlement ended up being pretty meh. gave more to lawyer and medical insurance than i got to keep.

good luck with your troubles.

Hey HGH, good to see you posting. How are you feeling these days? Are you back to normal, or do you still have nagging injuries from the accident?

Reactions: HGH
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Hey HGH, good to see you posting. How are you feeling these days? Are you back to normal, or do you still have nagging injuries from the accident?

Hey Buddy,

I'm good. My hearing is perma-fucked on the left ear and my sense of smell is gone forever, but other than that I'm great and I'm very thankful for that. also have a GIGANTIC scar on my face but i kinda love it. it has gotten less visible and i am kind of sad bc i was really into it.

I'm back to lifting and loving it. i feel great. thanks for asking.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic