Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
deadhead2002
What's New?

Car Enthusiasts - Anyone Getting Last ICE?

beefnewton

beefnewton

Nov 11, 2022
Anyone else buying what will be the last ICE version of their favorite car before they are shittied up with EV components? I have an M5 that started production this week... guessing mid-Jan before delivery. Going to fly to SC to pick it up from the PDC and drive it back. Might have considered an M8, but by the time that's optioned out, I'd be in a price range I'd rather avoid. Always loved the M5. Got rid of my 2019 but will be keeping this one. Next year's model will be hybrid.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Good choice bro. N5 is a beast!
I have a focus ST which I know it is slow and an economy car. But it is a turbo gas motor, handles like it is on rail, manual trans like God intended, and dammit it is fun to drive. I traded a badass car for a not so badass car and 2 badass street motorcycles and a dirtbike.

I raced a tesla model S on the freeway on my big bike last weekend from 60-120. I left it like it was standing still. They are really fast from a dead stop, from a roll they are not so great. electric cars are not even good for the environment. Yeah, no emissions, but the emissions to mine for all the rare minerals and such to build a Tesla or other EV is tremendous. It creates an even bigger carbon footprint than a regular gas car in it's expected life.

We just moved the emissions to western Europe and Africa so people can feel snobby about their EVs.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
If you are a car enthusiast you should follow Rich Cooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I have a focus ST which I know it is slow and an economy car. But it is a turbo gas motor, handles like it is on rail, manual trans like God intended, and dammit it is fun to drive. I traded a badass car for a not so badass car and 2 badass street motorcycles and a dirtbike.

I raced a tesla model S on the freeway on my big bike last weekend from 60-120. I left it like it was standing still. They are really fast from a dead stop, from a roll they are not so great. electric cars are not even good for the environment. Yeah, no emissions, but the emissions to mine for all the rare minerals and such to build a Tesla or other EV is tremendous. It creates an even bigger carbon footprint than a regular gas car in it's expected life.

We just moved the emissions to western Europe and Africa so people can feel snobby about their EVs.
Got a Model S Plaid on Turo my last business trip, I think my stomach was left on the highway in LA. The acceleration caught me off guard, actually made me sick at times, headaches. I am in the market looking at a M4 competition or possibly a Lucid Air

beefnewton

beefnewton

Nov 11, 2022

Yea, the whole EV push has been tagged onto the big climate agenda. I'm so sick of having it pushed in my face, and it doesn't help that we have a whole generation, if not two generations, whose identities are very tightly bound to moral exhibitionism. They buy these EV's with self-righteousness as a primary motivator, and you are absolutely right regarding environmental concerns. They do nothing whatsoever other than shift the problem somewhere else. I'm not sure the reason for it all. Is it money? Is it power? Both? I'm a relic, I guess.

beefnewton

beefnewton

Nov 11, 2022
Got a Model S Plaid on Turo my last business trip, I think my stomach was left on the highway in LA. The acceleration caught me off guard, actually made me sick at times, headaches. I am in the market looking at a M4 competition or possibly a Lucid Air

Another reason I got the M5 is the big grille change has yet to have been pushed on it like the other M cars. I just cannot stand the new grille, which is a huge motivator for starting an argument these days. Dukec is a terrible designer in my opinion, but the changes have obviously has not stopped anyone from buying them. I love what Lucid has been doing, but I never really considered them since I've missed my previous M5 so bad. I have a problem living in the past.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
I can't even afford a new daily driver. No way I'm picking up a toy even if it is the last ICE version ever.

beefnewton

beefnewton

Nov 11, 2022
Market is garbage. Dealerships have been exploiting this whole "supply chain" and "chip shortage" bullshit for too long. I wanted to replace my Civic daily and went through about seven dealers before finally giving up. All wanted to charge a minimum of $5k above MSRP with their forced options like wheel locks, paint protection, etc. Those wheel locks only cost like $50, yet the dealer's price on them was $500. "We've already put them on, we can't remove them." Sure guys...you can't remove wheel locks; I guess they must be really good ones. But the kicker was I could see on the tracking tool that they hadn't even gotten the fucking car yet, so they were outright lying that they "had already put them on." That's just one example. It was over and over with similar bullshit. Another one, I actually had to dispute the money I put down for a deposit because they kept jerking me around about returning it. Things are starting to turn around, but it's not fast enough. The dealerships have gotten cocky... above and beyond previous attitudes. The M5 is at MSRP. I could probably get 5% off or so under normal circumstances. Rates suck balls, too, so I'm really looking forward to the payment. We can't all be Kluso's. I just have skewed priorities and a simple life (no family and currently no girlfriend).

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Flying dragon, get the bimmer. Electric is fast in a line but does not handle and is not engaging. Also look at the Cadillac CT5 V and CT5 V Blackwing. Faster than an M 5 around a track. You can get a manual trans and howls like a banshee! Also looks sexy AF.
Beef. my son sells cars. Exotics. He sold a new electric hummer for $40K over MSRP. He had a fat check that week. They also sell more regular cars. Porche Cayman and such. He says the market, at least hear in Tx has slowed. He is making fat money but not like robbing a bank at $17-20K a month. I almost bought said Cayman and traded my little Focus. But the Ford cost me $22 grand. has recaro seats, sony stereo, manual trans and puts down about 290 hp and 320 ft/lbs to the wheels which are konig ampliforms. Gonna do suspension mods with my Xmas bonus and track it.

beefnewton

beefnewton

Nov 11, 2022
Flying dragon, get the bimmer. Electric is fast in a line but does not handle and is not engaging. Also look at the Cadillac CT5 V and CT5 V Blackwing. Faster than an M 5 around a track. You can get a manual trans and howls like a banshee! Also looks sexy AF.
Beef. my son sells cars. Exotics. He sold a new electric hummer for $40K over MSRP. He had a fat check that week. They also sell more regular cars. Porche Cayman and such. He says the market, at least hear in Tx has slowed. He is making fat money but not like robbing a bank at $17-20K a month. I almost bought said Cayman and traded my little Focus. But the Ford cost me $22 grand. has recaro seats, sony stereo, manual trans and puts down about 290 hp and 320 ft/lbs to the wheels which are konig ampliforms. Gonna do suspension mods with my Xmas bonus and track it.

You know way more than I do about cars. Like my training, I'm a latecomer. I never cared about cars at all until I saw the marketing for the M5 when they first introduced the Competition version. It just took ahold of me. You'd be someone that could appreciate the M5 CS. They dropped quite a few of the daily driver comforts of that M5 to make it more suitable for tracking. I just was never interested. I turned DSC off once when driving my previous M5, and I quickly learned that was a mistake. I got lucky I didn't make a bigger fool of myself than I did. That much power and an inexperienced driver of that power is not a good mix. DSC stayed on after that. I thought they discontinued the Blackwing this year... or next year? That is a solid recommendation, and I caught myself "building" one online a few times. If I could afford it, I'd have liked to have gotten a Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive. I love the look of this year's Panamera.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah great taste, the M5 comp is a beast. Me, I will give up creature comforts any day for fun and performance. I also like modding cars and bikes. I got my bonus check, I am gonna put HD sway bars and chassis stiffeners as well as a stiffer motormount on mine. Next need better brakes and tires Got all season not but big. 235/55/18 on a tiny little econobox.

Easy to crash, my son put our 92 Miata street/auto cross car through a brick wall. zero driver aids and snap over steer when he went around a really fast curve which had a bump and upset the chassis. He has learned. We built another as that one was totaled. He was way better when we sold it. it was just never as nice as the first one.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Ordered a Camaro ZL1 1LE for my chica, you cannot get it with a sunroof which is a drag for her, but we will track it in my car hauler in the NW, Vegas. Cali and AZ.
Only paying MSRP and should get it next Spring unless Biden fucks up the country moreso than he already has.
Paying for a new one what a used one is bringing these days.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic