Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Can't stop eating...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
So after contest prep and cutting 20lbs I can't stop eating. The cravings for food are not stopping. What the fuck...

How do you combat this?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Try IF. Been doing it now almost a full year. Have ZERO trouble controlling hunger. I am dieting down pretty lean. There are people who even mistake me as prepping for a contest. Nope....just IF. No cardio, eating icecream, pizza, pretty much whatever I want (understanding portion sizing and macros).

The biggest part is getting your protein in for which I rely a lot on 90% pure isolate. I generally only eat 2 normal meals. One at 2pm and dinner. Before bed, I make a whey shake to balance out my protein macros.

It is 8-10 oz water
5g leucine
25-50g whey
orange Metamucil
orange crush drink flavor.

With the fiber mixed in there, you get no hunger overnight or anytime really.

Give it a shot. This is from a guy who used to feel like I had to eat every 2 hours.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hey @macgyver when are you going to realize you are a metabolic freak?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
One thing that I think helps is to drink carbonated water or diet soda. The carbonation helps me to feel more full, and I'm not as hungry. Also, try to increase your fat intake as the fats help you feel more satiated.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
So after contest prep and cutting 20lbs I can't stop eating. The cravings for food are not stopping. What the fuck...

How do you combat this?

If you were doing hard core contest prep you were working very hard on very little food, starving your body, and at the end burning up hard earned muscle as well as fat (hopefully mostly fat) for fuel just to stay alive. So don't freak out about being hungry. Your body is hungry because it desperately needs food. So feed it. The famine is over.

Eat and put on some size you skinny fuck (just kidding). But seriously, relax and have a beer and post up some contest pics from your show!

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
waters yes diet mt dew no for me. something in those diet soda's make me feel like it am starving

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hey @macgyver when are you going to realize you are a metabolic freak?

Wish I could say that was true. But the truth is even better, because anyone can do it.

Below are a few pics of what I spent most of my adult life looking like. Never "fat" but certainly not lean.

In the side pic, I think I had a 38" waist. Never had a 'gut' just typical blocky italian guy.

The bottom pic is me after dropping about 10lbs and thinking I was in good shape.

JI0XZzA.jpg

R0y7uxV.jpg

To achieve my fat loss results prior to IF, I used to follow a strict macro tracking deficit. It worked great, but mentally was tough and I would always quit before I ever got to where I truly wanted to be.

Prior to IF, I could never stay lean (without the struggle). First pic below was me at the end of last summer. I had let my eating loosen up and sure enough, the weight started coming back on. (I know I was eating too much, but I didnt want to track and count macros).

The pic below that is me doing IF for the first time and not tracking ANYTHING besides keeping a general eye on protein levels. It just controls your appetite (at least mine). I still have eat with understanding portions, but I have zero struggle now.

xauQ2m5.jpg

UMioW9A.jpg

Coming from a guy who tracked macros for almost 7 straight years, I can say that in the end, controlling the appetite was always my biggest struggle. I ran countless EC stacks, and tried every other trick in the book. Switching to IF, it is almost too easy. I feel stupid for not trying it before as I was convinced that eating every 2 hours was the best strategy for me. Turns out, I was dead wrong.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I'm a firm believer in IF too. I'm not as lean or muscular as Mac, but I've lost 20+ lbs in the last 6 months or so and am sitting just above 10% bf. Two things I have to admit is that it works because of my schedule (I can keep busy working during the day and not think about eating) and also that when its time to eat many times I am ravenous (still takes willpower). Seeing results and getting compliments are great motivation, as well as being close to my goal. Oh, and I also use some AAS.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic