Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cannonball Shoulders

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Do your normal shoulder press routine. Add (heavy) neutral grip (palms in) db presses .

Also pin your delts.

Last edited:
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Gear. Seriously, gear. For some reason the one place I see the most improvement in my body when on cycle is my delts. No change in the workout program but that one thing that screams "I'm on" is the delts capping.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I don’t believe your bbq eating, beer drinking butt can overhead press what I pull for a max DL.

keep dreaming Lizzy Lard Ass.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I don’t believe your bbq eating, beer drinking butt can overhead press what I pull for a max DL.

keep dreaming Lizzy Lard Ass.
Sorry my strength hurt your feelings. Maybe go back to UG where your strength is superior to real men here ;)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Do rear delt raises. Not reverse peck deck, or rope pulls but rear raises. The motion is the same as a dumbbell front raise just push it back like a stiff armed kickback, I do these with a little swing momentum that you must resist at the top.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I would look at more than my routine, you can also manipulate diet, rest and drugs pretty easy to push more growth out of them.

Besides your regular routine, I would take another day to do some extra work on them, obviously not killing them. And/or hit extra reps or sets during your main routine.

Not sure if you run slin at all but that's a good way to get growth out of them. Only run the slin for shoulders and no other parts. If possible, make shoulder day early on your day off or go the night before so you are resting after shoulders, If running slin, you can take 2 or 3iu before meals a day or two afterward and also beef up your cals a couple of days after shoulders then go back down a little for other parts.

If slin isn't your thing, you can still beef up cals a couple of days afterward and make sure you have the day off to rest/sleep.

You can also manipulate your natural slin levels by taking in some fast carbs and protein pre/intra workout. I used to use Gatorade powder mixed with vanilla protein powder. Spike your natty levels and drive the carbs and protein into your muscles.

I personally like a lot of reps but my fucked up shoulder won't allow anything else.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Do rear delt raises. Not reverse peck deck, or rope pulls but rear raises. The motion is the same as a dumbbell front raise just push it back like a stiff armed kickback, I do these with a little swing momentum that you must resist at the top.
That's an odd movement gotta give that one a try, never seen anyone do this before.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
It’s worked for me. I may not have much leg lol but I’ve always had big round delts. I do Push/Pull together for an upper body day and each workout ends with:
Single arm Front raises on lateral machine (sit sideways), supersetted with Two arm laterals (both seated).
Then I superset the rear raises with dumbells drag curls (elbows held behind back)

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
If I understand your original post, you're saying you're pretty happy with the size of your delts, but you're not crazy about the shape, and don't have that nice, capped shoulder, where it cuts back into your upper arm at the tricep?

If that's the case, you may want to try to "overtrain" the shoulders compared to the volume you've previously been doing. For example, if you're presently hitting your shoulders 1x/week, go to 2x/week with one session more your "typical" session, and the second session being a higher volume session.

I think some of the aesthetics we liked from the 70s and 80s was based on what today we call overtraining, where the lifters were hitting the bodypart 2-3x per week with tons of volume. It provided more hardness and density that, over time, gave some of that detail we all like.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
Focus on the side and rear delt. We use our front delt for all pressing movements be it bench or any OHP.
This^^ My traps used to over power my delts and give a strange rounded over upper body effect. I started giving lateral delt raises there own workout on their very own day so they'd get the full benefit of that day/nights recovery. Allowed my delts to catch up and improve that delt pop effect.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
Gear. Seriously, gear. For some reason the one place I see the most improvement in my body when on cycle is my delts. No change in the workout program but that one thing that screams "I'm on" is the delts capping.
This too^^^ lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic