Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Cannonball Shoulders

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Do rear delt raises. Not reverse peck deck, or rope pulls but rear raises. The motion is the same as a dumbbell front raise just push it back like a stiff armed kickback, I do these with a little swing momentum that you must resist at the top.

This... focus on your rear delts to get a round, capped look. When working rear delts stay in the 20 rep range with partials after failure.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Shoulders has easily been my best body part. My staple is standing military press. I usually do 10 sets of them on shoulder day. I then follow-up with some db raises -- lateral and front. Not much else.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I also do plate raises, which I really like. Fortunately I have 6 100# plates in my home gym.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Shoulders has easily been my best body part. My staple is standing military press. I usually do 10 sets of them on shoulder day. I then follow-up with some db raises -- lateral and front. Not much else.
What rep range on those 10 sets bro? Volume moderate weight? Low reps heavy?

Thanks bro..

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
You're a former PLer like me - so you're probably very trap dominant. It's very hard to do lateral raises without your traps taking over. I got more pop in my shoulders when I started doing them lying on a bench. Makes it almost impossible for your traps to really get involved. And don't neglect rear delts - that really makes a difference for shoulders looking good in a t shirt imo. Bent over DB raises, band pull aparts, face pulls, all that good stuff. Most people really neglect rear delts and it's a huge piece of having good shoulder development AND shoulder health.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
What rep range on those 10 sets bro? Volume moderate weight? Low reps heavy?

Thanks bro..
I usually do a couple warmup sets and then move to moderately heavy 6-8 reps, then finish with 2-3 heavy sets with 3-5 reps. Some weeks, for variety, I'll do a 10 x 10 with a medium weight. I also like to throw in reverse grip with these.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Supposedly there are more androgen receptors in the delts than most places?

Anyway, I've heard it said that you can train the lateral head pretty much every day, that it doesn't get involved in many other exercises. I've been doing so about 6 months and it shows, but I'm not rounded... I'm lacking fronts now. You have to concentrate on not using your traps to cheat your lateral raises.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Focus on the side and rear delt. We use our front delt for all pressing movements be it bench or any OHP.

This .. especially rear. I like to take light dumbbells and go behind a bench that’s at a good incline and put a towel at the top and press my forehead down into it bending at the waist and then rear lat raise..this makes sure your reps are strict with no English. Don’t need much weight at all and just focus on mind muscle connection ..

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
In the end, I believe putting on more muscle will be the biggest part of it. Lots of good advice here but without seeing, it's really hard to tell. Mine are becoming more round as I put on more mass.

My size is fine but when cut down to a lower BF% it becomes more apparent to me. It's a lot easier to see what needs to be worked on.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Supposedly there are more androgen receptors in the delts than most places?

Anyway, I've heard it said that you can train the lateral head pretty much every day, that it doesn't get involved in many other exercises. I've been doing so about 6 months and it shows, but I'm not rounded... I'm lacking fronts now. You have to concentrate on not using your traps to cheat your lateral raises.

Traps tend to takeover in the upper part of the exercise... try only raising the dumbells up to your upper abs/lower chest area. Works great and the stress stays on your side delts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic