RalfKelleh
What's New?

Cancer took another loved one...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
...my only closest friend lost his wife yesterday at 35yrs old to cervical cancer. She'd beaten it for 6yrs before it came back with a vengeance. I was her nurse when the stroke came last month, again 2wks ago when she needed transfusions from the bleeding caused by the erosive tumors. Selfishly, I'm happy I didn't work yesterday so I wasn't in the ER when she lost her battle. I was on the phone with Mike when she cardiac arrested as I was driving in to be with them. She was dead before I got there and at least her suffering has ended. Sorry for the downer but I just wanted to say how fleeting both life and love can be and to remind everyone to cherish the ones they love every moment of every day. This was her in her glory, the last time she was able to compete and the
099.JPG
way I'll always see her...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Shit. 2 parents, 2 in-laws gone, plus one adult son. the 4 were from "old age" basically, the son WAS cancer, makes me question all most ppl like to believe in. Wife was a bedside type nurse in a hospital environment on top of what she and I went thru together, I have NO idea how nurses deal with this crap, so often, for so long.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Cancer took a lot from me as well.I get angry thinking about it

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Sorry for your loss, always hard to see friends go, especially the younger ones.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Way too young Mike. Not that there is a better age. I can compare my 26 year old aunt who died of ovarian cancer to a close family friend who died 2 weeks ago from lung brain and liver cancer at 72. It's always sad.

I don't know what you believe Mike but I believe there is something great for us after this life. I am sure she is comfortable and free.

Very sorry for your loss.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey Mike, so sorry for your loss. You're right to remember her at her prime. Everyone dies, but not everyone really lives. I hope she lived life to the fullest while she could.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
It took my dad at 56 years old. Horrible stuff. Condolences

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
My thoughts and prayers are with you folks. i always wonder why cancer is so prevelant in todays world.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
By the way Mike, i want to thank you again for your advice and support during my health issue last winter. you cant imagine how much of a positive impact you had on my life

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic