Cancer took another loved one...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic Chat' started by Mike_RN, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    ...my only closest friend lost his wife yesterday at 35yrs old to cervical cancer. She'd beaten it for 6yrs before it came back with a vengeance. I was her nurse when the stroke came last month, again 2wks ago when she needed transfusions from the bleeding caused by the erosive tumors. Selfishly, I'm happy I didn't work yesterday so I wasn't in the ER when she lost her battle. I was on the phone with Mike when she cardiac arrested as I was driving in to be with them. She was dead before I got there and at least her suffering has ended. Sorry for the downer but I just wanted to say how fleeting both life and love can be and to remind everyone to cherish the ones they love every moment of every day. This was her in her glory, the last time she was able to compete and the 099.JPG way I'll always see her...

2. Warrior45

Warrior45 TID Board Of Directors

Nov 9, 2012
    Very sorry for your loss brother :( that disease is horrible

Wallyd and Mike_RN like this.
  3. rawdeal

rawdeal TID Board Of Directors

Nov 29, 2013
    Shit. 2 parents, 2 in-laws gone, plus one adult son. the 4 were from "old age" basically, the son WAS cancer, makes me question all most ppl like to believe in. Wife was a bedside type nurse in a hospital environment on top of what she and I went thru together, I have NO idea how nurses deal with this crap, so often, for so long.

Mike_RN likes this.
  4. Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy MuscleHead

Nov 1, 2012
    Cancer took a lot from me as well.I get angry thinking about it

5. Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy MuscleHead

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm sorry for the loss brother

Mike_RN likes this.
  6. Lizard King

Lizard King Administrator Staff Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Sorry for your loss, always hard to see friends go, especially the younger ones.

Mike_RN likes this.
  7. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Way too young Mike. Not that there is a better age. I can compare my 26 year old aunt who died of ovarian cancer to a close family friend who died 2 weeks ago from lung brain and liver cancer at 72. It's always sad.

I don't know what you believe Mike but I believe there is something great for us after this life. I am sure she is comfortable and free.

Very sorry for your loss.

Mike_RN likes this.
  8. tommyguns2

tommyguns2 Senior Moderators Staff Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Hey Mike, so sorry for your loss. You're right to remember her at her prime. Everyone dies, but not everyone really lives. I hope she lived life to the fullest while she could.

Mike_RN likes this.
  9. IronCore

IronCore Bigger Than MAYO - VIP

Sep 9, 2010
    my condolences Mike!

Mike_RN likes this.
  10. OldManStrength

OldManStrength VIP Member

Apr 8, 2015
    It took my dad at 56 years old. Horrible stuff. Condolences

Mike_RN likes this.
  11. enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren Senior Member

Jan 7, 2014
    My thoughts and prayers are with you folks. i always wonder why cancer is so prevelant in todays world.

12. enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren Senior Member

Jan 7, 2014
    By the way Mike, i want to thank you again for your advice and support during my health issue last winter. you cant imagine how much of a positive impact you had on my life

Mike_RN likes this.