Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Can you help me decide on a lifting belt please?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Hey everyone.

I wanna get a better lifting belt that will support my lower back more when squatting and dead lifting.

One belt that I really like is the forever lever. Any opinions on the belt? Or which thickness to get? I read the 10mm is preferred sometimes because it is more comfortable. It's $79.99

Any other belts reccomended ? Please feel free to post opinions!

Thanks everyone!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'd look here for your belt.

http://www.liftinglarge.com/Titan-Support-Systems-Powerlifting-Belts

I have the Toro Lever and I've been happy with it. If you don't get a lever, get a single prong. Double prongs are a pain in the ass. Deciding the belt also has to do with your lifting. Are you raw or equipped? It's easier to use a single prong if you're equipped b/c moving the lever takes a screwdriver. I'm a raw lifter and I'm very happy with my 10mm lever.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks man!

I lift mostly raw.

Is this the toro belt you have?

https://liftinglarge.3dcartstores.com/Bravo-Powerlifting-Belt

I saw they have a 1 prong, 2 prong and the lever.

I think I deffinitly want the lever buckle.

I want to be able to get it really tight on my lower back.

I have a two prong belt right now and can't get it as tight as I want.

So to adjust the tightness with a lever belt you use a screw driver?

So you pre se it to the tightness you want before getting to the gym?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Hey I have a quick question about the lever belt. When I squat and dead lift I push outward real hard on my stomach. Will this cause the lever to open itself?

If it does open ill just get the single prong. Because to help support my back and l5 s1 disc I have to push out on my stomach.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks man!

I lift mostly raw.

Is this the toro belt you have?

https://liftinglarge.3dcartstores.com/Bravo-Powerlifting-Belt

I saw they have a 1 prong, 2 prong and the lever.

I think I deffinitly want the lever buckle.

I want to be able to get it really tight on my lower back.

I have a two prong belt right now and can't get it as tight as I want.

So to adjust the tightness with a lever belt you use a screw driver?

So you pre se it to the tightness you want before getting to the gym?

That is the toro belt I have. I have the lever version of it and yes you use a screwdriver to adjust the lever buckle. You can get it VERY tight and it won't pop back open when you have closed it. I push against my belt really hard and I haven't had a single problem.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
That is the toro belt I have. I have the lever version of it and yes you use a screwdriver to adjust the lever buckle. You can get it VERY tight and it won't pop back open when you have closed it. I push against my belt really hard and I haven't had a single problem.

Thanks man that helps. I'm thinking about either The Toro Lever of the Inzer Lever. The Inzer has a lifetime warranty on it.

I think the new EliteFTS belts are the best I've ever seen, they've got that old school natural leather look like belts were when we started lifting . Was I in need of a replacement belt this would be my choice -

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=299

Thanks man. I just checked them out. They look nice. For sure will consider these.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think the new EliteFTS belts are the best I've ever seen, they've got that old school natural leather look like belts were when we started lifting . Was I in need of a replacement belt this would be my choice -

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=299

I don't see the difference in appearance.

I do see it's 8mm and that's thinner than the standard 10mm and you can feel a difference with a thinner belt.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012

I do see it's 8mm and that's thinner than the standard 10mm and you can feel a difference with a thinner belt.

The mm's, this is how thick the belt is from front to back right ? Not how tall it is from top to bottom ?

Just wanted to double check ?

Can you tell the difference in mm ? What does the extra mm do ?

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012

The belt I'd highlighted is the P2 Power Belt which is 13 mm thick and has a untreated natural look .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic