Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Cals on Cycle question

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Maybe lol... Its tough for me to say. I practically eat "paleo diet" because if I even look at a piece of wonder bread I gain 10lbs of fat. Play around a little. Keep the protein good and high. If I were you, I would probably increase the protein first instead of just a complete upwards adjustment of calories across all macros.
Yeah I'm just gonna bump up the protein a little. Probably put it around 400g.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Personally my intake is around 5000-6000 cals a day with a goal of 435g of protein while still trying to eat as clean as possible doesn't always go as clean as I would like but for the most part its a clean diet.

Also I am running a gram of a triblend test a week. And am currently sitting at 5'11" 227lbs as of today

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Now we're talking bro!!!! 2 grams per lb of bodyweight. gonna get hyooooooooooge!

I used to be a protein machine... I ate 350+ every single day for well over a year. I would even take a protein shake to bed and drink it in the middle of the night lol. I eventually cut and dropped to around 280-300. I back to around 350 now and will bump to 400.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Update: in my 5th week now. I took the advice of most on here and have significantly upped my cals. But I ramped them up slowly.

First 10 days: +300-400
Next 10 days: + 500-700
Last 10 days: +1000 (from my original maintenance number)

So far I've gained about 13 pounds and only 1/2" on the waistline. Being in week 5 I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of progress.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Awesome bro glad it's going well for you! How is your mood? I can't stop smiling lol...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Awesome bro glad it's going well for you! How is your mood? I can't stop smiling lol...

Mood is pretty good overall. Although I did have something funny happen in the gym yesterday: while I was doing DB inclines, after a set where I wanted 15 reps and only got 14 I yelled at myself pretty angrily, "you piss me off!!!" At the same time I heard the radio station change. I was alone in the gym up til then. When I raised my head up to look, a girl had her hand on the radio knob frozen with a scared look on her face, staring at me. She thought I was yelling at her for changing the radio station lol. I didn't say anything... it was awkward for a couple minutes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
o
Mood is pretty good overall. Although I did have something funny happen in the gym yesterday: while I was doing DB inclines, after a set where I wanted 15 reps and only got 14 I yelled at myself pretty angrily, "you piss me off!!!" At the same time I heard the radio station change. I was alone in the gym up til then. When I raised my head up to look, a girl had her hand on the radio knob frozen with a scared look on her face, staring at me. She thought I was yelling at her for changing the radio station lol. I didn't say anything... it was awkward for a couple minutes

That's an awesome story...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Middle of week 5 and plus 15 pounds. Still maintaining my belt hole but I can feel the squeeze lol.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Forgot to weigh myself at gym today. +15 pounds as of Friday. But just measured waist and still 34" around navel. Only up 1/2". I have been eating at +1000 cals over M for a couple weeks, working up to that. I think I'm going to drop a couple hundred cals to about +800 for the next couple weeks. Results in mirror and strength are still going in right direction.

Any other advice is more than welcome and appreciated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic