Latest Member
willypear
What's New?

Callouses from lifting

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Have had these ever since I started training, but never this bad/annoying.

Lately the callouses have been blister like, by popping/tearing off and exposing raw skin underneath (no blood). it is painful to touch and i seem to get them when i do heavier stuff i.e. deadlifts

will gloves/chalk help?
what about moisturising?

Im sure some of you will suffer the same problem

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Use a razor like a utility knife blade and cut em off. Got that from an old PLer.

Hawk

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I try and keep mine as long as there not torn,they do a great job protecting my hands.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I pick them between sets, LOL

Pumice stone in the shower works pretty good to keep them from building up too.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
Moisturizing won't help. I used to have calluses all the time, now I wear lifting gloves.

HawaiianPride.

HawaiianPride.

Oct 21, 2010
If it gets out of control, then yes your best bet is to give gloves or big back grips a try until they heal.

doug

doug

Nov 1, 2010
I tend to just peel them off. And I've also tried moisturizing and, as milleniumgirl said, it did not help at all. If they get too troublesome, get a good pair of lifting gloves.

JayFive

JayFive

Oct 27, 2010
This'll sound weird but I saw something about this a while ago on some other site. I tried it too and it worked but who knows.

Crush around 6-8 aspririn tablets up into a powder and add lemon juice until it makes a paste. Apply the paste to the calluses and let sit until it dries (I actually used guaze to tape it on there for a bit cuz it was difficult to get it to stand). Once it dries, rinse with warm to hot water and go at it with a pumice stone.

Got rid of mine pretty quickly but I'm going to go ahead and say "Individual results may vary".

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
get the "pediegg" you can get it at 711 lol use it once a week and your callouses will be history

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm with Sadie and LK. An abrasive is a better way to deal with callous buildup than a straight edge. You can control depth much better with a pumice stone or Ped-egg than with a razor. Better safe than sorry.