Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

calf injury

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
It started when I got out of the shower 2 nights ago to my right calf. it was a dull pulling feeling no pain had some numbness to it. I rubbed it and foam rolled and went to bed. The next mourning I woke up still had the same feeling went to work. 2 hours in I felt pain at the bottom of my gastro by the end of my shift I was limping and the pain would shoot up to the back of my knee.

I ended up that night going to my neurologist he said he did not think it was neurological and I pulled my calf. Tested negative for DVT.

Yesterday the pain during the day was ok in the middle of the night the pain woke me up. Today it feels tight and painful to walk. Wtf. No swelling or redness. Just tender to touch in that one area. I'm freaking out because I leave next week for a special occasion for 10 days. I need this to get better. I'm not doing cardio or legs at the moment. Any ideas on wtf this is or things that can help. Heat seems to loosen it for a short time. Ice is doing nothing. I have not trained calves in weeks just doing some HIIT on the elliptical low impact

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I've always had luck with compression and ice
You Should Be ok in ten days as long as you take it easy. I tore , ever so slightly , my hammy about six weeks out from the Arnold I was back to modified training within a week

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
It started when I got out of the shower 2 nights ago to my right calf. it was a dull pulling feeling no pain had some numbness to it. I rubbed it and foam rolled and went to bed. The next mourning I woke up still had the same feeling went to work. 2 hours in I felt pain at the bottom of my gastro by the end of my shift I was limping and the pain would shoot up to the back of my knee.

I ended up that night going to my neurologist he said he did not think it was neurological and I pulled my calf. Tested negative for DVT.

Yesterday the pain during the day was ok in the middle of the night the pain woke me up. Today it feels tight and painful to walk. Wtf. No swelling or redness. Just tender to touch in that one area. I'm freaking out because I leave next week for a special occasion for 10 days. I need this to get better. I'm not doing cardio or legs at the moment. Any ideas on wtf this is or things that can help. Heat seems to loosen it for a short time. Ice is doing nothing. I have not trained calves in weeks just doing some HIIT on the elliptical low impact

TG I does indeed sound like a classic tear of the medial gastro but more info would help a lot

Describe exactly what you were doing when this occurred?
Did you forward bend, intending to pick something up off the floor, when your leg and thigh were in a fully extended position)

Where is the pain currently?
(Calf "bottom" like the ankle or back of knee AND/OR closer to the inside or outside of the knee?)

Have you tried doing calf raises both sitting or standing?

Do you have any bruising about the back side of your knee?

Were you able to walk NORMALLY after the onset?

Regs
jim

Last edited:
tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I just remember I just got out of the shower I might have bent down to dry my feet... no discoloration. The pain is tender towards the bottom middle and inner. I do have CRPS and fibromyalgia with a history of weird feelings in my legs feet. The pain radiates up to the knee and sometimes I have pins and needles in my feet not that much pain in the foot. I was able to walk fine for the first 12 hours just a pulling numb type feeling hard to explain.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I just remember I just got out of the shower I might have bent down to dry my feet... no discoloration. The pain is tender towards the bottom middle and inner. I do have CRPS and fibromyalgia with a history of weird feelings in my legs feet. The pain radiates up to the knee and sometimes I have pins and needles in my feet not that much pain in the foot. I was able to walk fine for the first 12 hours just a pulling numb type feeling hard to explain.

-----------------------------------/////---
Thanks A LOT for providing the PMHX of fibromyalgia.
Have u tried to do calf raises both sitting (soleus) and standing ( gastric)?

It seems your suggesting the pain is more localized towards the middle portion of your calf rather than closer to the knee itself?

Patients w fibromyalgia often have acute focal muscle spasms but they usually resolve in 24 hours YET unfortunately tend to recur into what many refer to as trigger points.
(I suspect your fully aware of this)

Symptomatic relief is often diagnostic, which involves injecting the "TP" with a numbing agent, usually Lidocaine or Marcaine. Other treatments are also helpful as you know.

Another possibility is a plantaris tendon rupture. This small (1/2cm in width) tendon sits between the gastrocnemius and soleus and runs from the Achilles region to the knee, but serves NO functional purpose. Of course I'm assuming your Achilles' tendon is not sore TG! (The mechanism for both problems is abrupt extension at the ankle, which doesn't seem to fit your description)

Regardless although already suggested, MS injuries respond quite nicely to ice packs IME.
Regs
Jim

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic