Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Calcium score anybody?

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I have an order from the doc to get one. I guess it is a good to get but rot-iron's post makes me wonder if I should my LDL has always been high.

I take K2 which is supposed to prevent buildup of plaques but I had no idea about soft plaques.
Whats K2 ?

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Whats K2 ?
Vitamin K2. A good supplement combo the sell is Vitamin D3-K2 mix...

781c-box-and-bottle_1.jpg

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
I came across this today, coincidentally. My hematologist already warned me off baby aspirin a few months ago.

According to the American College of Cardiology guidelines, low-dose aspirin (75-100 milligrams daily) may be considered for primary prevention of heart disease among select higher-risk adults aged 40-70 who are not at increased bleeding risk. However, taking aspirin daily can be harmful as it puts individuals at higher risk of ulcers and bleeding in the stomach, intestines and brain. The risk of bleeding increases with age and can be dangerous for individuals. In fact, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Ford — a panel of health experts — recently recommended that clinicians stop routinely prescribing a daily regimen of low-dose aspirin to adults over 60 as the potential harms of bleeding outweigh the benefits of heart disease prevention. This does not apply to individuals who have already had a heart attack, a stroke, or known atherosclerotic coronary artery disease. Talk to your doctor about your individual risk and treatment.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I'll bet the test is selling more statins.I did a stress test yesterday. I hit the bag for an hour and then shot hoops. My knee barely passed. I should be dead soon.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Whats K2 ?
menaquinone

Anything that can reduce this calcium buildup may help prevent heart disease. Vitamin K is believed to help by preventing calcium from being deposited in your arteries (3Trusted Source).

In one study spanning 7–10 years, people with the highest intake of vitamin K2 were 52% less likely to develop artery calcification and had a 57% lower risk of dying from heart disease (7Trusted Source).

I use this

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Yes vitamin K2 is what a lot of bodybuilders take for this buildup. I've been on it since I heard a podcast about a year ago.

Hank - I'm not a fan of Crestor...somewhat. How much is your dosage? Hopefully 10 or less. Its pretty powerful. I was on 20 at one time and felt like absolute crap with ghost pains and lethargy like a mofo. Doc then told me to suppliment with CoQ10 to help with the sides. Iit helped but not all. After about a year I said f-it and stopped. A couple years later he talked me into takign10mg Atorvistatin and I didn't have near the sides from it so I still take it. not all the time but I do take it.

I should get the calcium test though. Been thinking of getting it done for a few months now.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Mine was zero five years ago :cool:... I should go again

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yes vitamin K2 is what a lot of bodybuilders take for this buildup. I've been on it since I heard a podcast about a year ago.

Hank - I'm not a fan of Crestor...somewhat. How much is your dosage? Hopefully 10 or less. Its pretty powerful. I was on 20 at one time and felt like absolute crap with ghost pains and lethargy like a mofo. Doc then told me to suppliment with CoQ10 to help with the sides. Iit helped but not all. After about a year I said f-it and stopped. A couple years later he talked me into takign10mg Atorvistatin and I didn't have near the sides from it so I still take it. not all the time but I do take it.

I should get the calcium test though. Been thinking of getting it done for a few months now.
Yeah crestor is a bear! at least for me. I got bad cramps and muscle aches on it. I have to get blood work done next month so we will see how it is without for 11 months.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
I took Crestor the first time. That shit killed me. I’m on a new one. 10mg of rosuvastatin and so far no side effects.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I'm posting this in here since I see General Health section isn't near as active as here, and I'd like more responses.

Any of you guys had a calcium score done? They do a CT scan of your heart and it shows any calcium/plaque buildup in your arteries. I recently had this done. The lower the # on the calcium score, the better. Zero is pristine. My result was 220 - which on the scale they use, that translates to moderate calcium/plaque buildup in the arteries. Certainly not what I was hoping for, but my doc said considering my age (59), the fact that I've always been rather big, that I've eaten enough red meat for prolly 5 guys over my life span, and that I used to smoke, that 220 isn't so bad. He doesn't know about my gear history, but that doesn't help either. Anyways, he put me on Crestor and a baby aspirin every day. Not sure if the Crestor will help since my total cholesterol is very low at 110, LDL is in check and HDL is slightly low. Also triglycerides are in check. I've been taking a baby aspirin every day for 20 years now.

I was watching Dennis James most recent podcast, and he had Rich Gaspari on. Rich said he had a calcium score done and his was 900!
eek.gif
That's like a walking heart attack waiting to happen. My doc told me not to worry unless it was over 400.

Anyways, just curious if any of ya'll had one done. I initially got the idea from Palumbo, who has mentioned how important this test is to get done, especially for guys who have been running gear for many years. It's pretty cheap actually - they charged me $190 for mine. My insurance woulnd't cover it, but I felt it important enough to get 'er done so I just paid outta pocket. Any of you bros who have been on the sauce for years might wanna consider getting it done to let you know where you stand & to address it. Also, if any of you know much about this topic - do you have any advice/tips to lower the calcium score, or if that is even possible?
It's fucked up how you can not get checked for heart disease unless your having symtoms. About 10yrs. ago I had asked my Dr. if I could do a stress test due to my family history of heart disease. He said only if I wanted to pay for it as ins. does not.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Yeah crestor is a bear! at least for me. I got bad cramps and muscle aches on it. I have to get blood work done next month so we will see how it is without for 11 months.
I was on 20mg rouvastatin and wasn't getting any benefit from it. Have been on 80mg atorvastatin and my ldl is below the low marker but my hdl is still high. Statins do nothing for hdl but with my ldl so low there should be no worries. Plus I am having no joint pain from the statin.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic