Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

c4-c5 and c5-c6 herination * MRI RESULTS* ADVICE NEEDED*

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
m 27 year old male now I been experiencing new neck/shoulder blade/elbow issue for about 6-12 months. just now worked with a sport Chiro and tried 8 weeks off and only cardio to get it fixed.... no relief... can't do upper body it gives me a pulling shoulder blade issue going to the elbow with a stiff neck.... the ni ended up almost tripping and catching my step that left my right knee in pain which has gotten way better than 9 weeks ago but still have aches throughout day... and night.... talk about horrible horrible literally horrible luck.... I lost my whole shredded mass look and all. it really does suck

just got my MRI back.... today..... and it states....

FINDINGS: A reduced lordotic curvature is noted. No intramedullary bony lesions are present. The spinal cord is normal in caliber and signal intensity. There is no evidence of intraspinal or paraspinal masses, or spinal stenosis. The adjacent soft tissues are unremarkable in appearance.
The craniocervical junction is intact.

The visualized posterior fossa structures, base of the skull, and C1/2 level are within normal limits.

At the C2/3 and C3/4 levels, the disk spaces are maintained. The disks are well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neuroforamina are patent
At the C4/5 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. A 1.5 mm disk herniation is seen with an annular fissure (sequence 102, image 6) encroaching on the anterior subarachnoid space and both neuroforamina. Mild anterior vertebral spurring is noted.

At the C5/6 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. A 1 mm disk herniation is seen encroaching on the anterior subarachnoid space and both neuroforamina. Mild anterior vertebral spurring is noted.

At the C6/7 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. Posterolateral bulging of the disk is seen to the right with foraminal encroachment.

At the C7/T1 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neuroforamina are patent.
IMPRESSION:

DISK HERNIATION AT C4/5 AND C5/6 LEVELS. 2. DISK BULGE C6/7 LEVEL.

what should I do.....

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
about 5 yrs ago I ruptured the 2 disks at the base of my spine, cant remember the #'s but it sounds similar to yours except I had severe siatica. I waited about8-10 mo. with the surgeon telling me it could heal on its own but if you don't want to wait for that he could repair it and you'll be good to go in approx. 6m0. so at the, I think it was 8 mo. I had them repaired and all has been fine. from my experience the dr. leaves the decision up to you.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Disk herniation doesn't heal, once it's out, it's out.
Talk to your ortho dr that specializes in spine and neck. NOT just a regular ortho.

Having said that, a few years ago, out of nowhere I started getting pain down my left arm from my shoulder. 9/10 on pain scale, I've always said if I say a 10 I'm probably dying.
MRI showed disks out at c4-6. I started losing strength and mass on left arm, I went from 150lb press to struggling for 60lb. Went to see surgeon (booked for months I later found out) on a Tuesday. I was on the table the following Monday as first patient. All disks removed cage put in, canals were cleaned out. Zero pain when I woke up.
Don't dick around if you like having use of your arm. Come to find out, I was losing use of mine hence the expedited time line.

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
damn.... yeah I feel u guys!

thing is I don't get pain like you guys nor sciatica... just a pulling feeling around shoulder blades in back area..... specially if I do bench

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
I attempted to do some chest. which included machine and light weight.... machine inline press.. felt the blade issue when it comes down... and then I did incline dumbbell press.... and machine butterfly's... and little tricep... all good form... all ended with me having stiff neck for rest of night..... this sucks and im not looking to do a surgery at young age specially its not critical.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I'd say losing the use of your arm might be considered critical.

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
well im not losing my arm and nor do I see how .... if im not diein in pain unless doing chest which it bothers but doesn't kill me

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
My disk issue was shearing the nerve, eventually I'd lose the ability to use it. Glad yours isn't that bad

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I have no vert c5
And I’m just as good as before but arms do go numb if I push my chin into my chest hard

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Call around and find a Chiro who has a Cox Flexion-Distraction table w/ cervical flexion. Cox flexion has science backing what it does. If no one in your area has a cox table, then ask if they provide cervical traction with a mulligan strap or something on those lines. The goal is to alleviate the pressure at those levels so that the disc material sucks back in. Disc herniations, depending on the severity, heal on their own with time. But exactly how long? Who knows. Using things like cox flexion and cervical distraction strap will speed the process up.

For the time being, avoid ALL exercises that aggravate symptoms. Avoid axial pressure, downward pressure, applied to the top of your head. I'm sure flexing you neck forward, chin to chest, aggravates symptoms, so be mindful of what hurts and what doesn't.

I am a chiropractor. That guy you were seeing for 8 weeks ripped you off. If I saw that on the MRI report and all the symptoms you had, I would have suggested a doc with a traction table or do traction with my strap.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic