Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Bumper plates?

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Since I have split time between my local gym and now home gym(mostly due to time with work) I have upgraded some of my weights. Looking for recommendations on bumper plates? My home gym is in my basement and thought these might help but hell what do I know. Lol

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Since I have split time between my local gym and now home gym(mostly due to time with work) I have upgraded some of my weights. Looking for recommendations on bumper plates? My home gym is in my basement and thought these might help but hell what do I know. Lol
I hate them, I mean they are great if you drop them, or want to protect the floor, but if you lift heavy you may not have room on bar as they are quite thick. I sold all my bumpers and went steel plates. Nothing like the old school plates clanging sound when lifting

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I hate them, I mean they are great if you drop them, or want to protect the floor, but if you lift heavy you may not have room on bar as they are quite thick. I sold all my bumpers and went steel plates. Nothing like the old school plates clanging sound when lifting
Yeah. I have about a 1000 pounds in plate weights. I forgot about the thickness issue. I have seen calibrated urethane plates so might go that route instead or just stay with plate weight. I don’t go super heavy anymore as over the years I have several injuries. Torn quad and both right and left knee mcl/acl tears. Shoulders wreaked so do more mid range with tons of volume now My stage days are behind me

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic