Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Bulking question - What's realistic for 6000+ kcal?

C

colamuscl

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This is a question that's probably best aimed at the 250+ lb crowd: I've been on a bulk for the past few months, and will probably continue to be on one until the start of next year. I've been bulking as clean as possible, long and slow, and have made it up to the 240 mark. Based on my diet, I figured I'd probably plateau somewhere around the 235-240 mark, and sure enough I did.

I've modified my diet to try to push the bulk up to the 250-255 mark, and I have been slowly adding weight, which is a good thing. What I'm having problems with is the consumption of the sheer amount of food I'm eating to get the 6200-6400 kcal range. I'm wondering if I'm just missing something, a digestive supplement or something like that, or if I just need to "man up" and deal with it (bulking at this weight is new to me). The problem has been keeping the food down, especially going into an intense lifting session. I don't know if it may be meal timings or something simple like that, and I really don't know anyone my size that's bulking to ask. Most of the bodybuilders I know are in the 200-220 range, and pretty much stay there year round (don't really believe in an "off season" to add a lot of mass, and they wonder why I'm trying to add so much).

I'm asking now because next year, if I can make it to the 255 range this year, I want to aim for the 275 range, and if I'm having this much trouble with food now, I shudder to think what I'll be doing at 7000+ kcal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Essentially this is where a gainer comes in handy to 'drink' some of those calories.
Eating at that level is tough as hell, its alot like work and food becomes unenjoyable.

W

Welsh Iron Lifter

Sep 21, 2010
I' not quite in the 250lb range yet, but I think it would help if you were to post what your eating now. People will probably be able to help you more then. Good luck.

C

colamuscl

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
lol, yah, posting the diet probably would be a good idea ;)

Here's the breakdown of what I'm doing now:

Meal 1
2 Cups Oatmeal
52 g protein from either whole sources (egg) or a shake (depending on time)

Meal 2
9 oz chicken
1 cup brown rice
1.5 oz almonds

Meal 3
9 oz chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup veggies

Meal 4
9 oz chicken
1 cup brown rice
2 tbsp Peanut Butter

Workout

PWO shake

Meal 5
4 eggs
1 sweet potato
1 cup veggies

Meal 6
Shake (whey, casein mix)
1.5 oz almonds

Meal 7 (overnight)
Shake

Weight Gainer shake snack somewhere in the day
Meals are spaced roughly 2.5 - 3 hours apart
Breakdown is approx: P: 569, C: 668, F: 160 Total Calories: 6300

And yah, ajdos, food stopped being enjoyable a while back - I'm actually looking forward to my cutting diet.

Thanks again!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Clean bulking becomes almost impossible for me past 240 lbs. I'm at 260 now and what has really helped is eating all day long and digestive enzymes. I eat smaller portions but much more often. If I'm eating 12oz of chicken i'll eat 4oz of it abotu every 20 min rather than eating it all in 10min or less. This seems to help with digestion. And, believe it or not, for me sometimes a small dose of Clen (20mcg or so) can help the metabolism free up room for more eating. I don't really lose any weight at that small of a dose but it seems to help metabolize the food quicker. I have heard of people doing the same thing with a small dose of T3

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic