Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

bulging lumbar disc - is there a cycle for that?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Couldn't agree more chiropractors are ****ing quacks and you're crazy letting someone without an MD "adjust" your back imo.

You are both very misinformed if you think all chiropractors are quacks. I have been to many in my life, you can tell when you have a bad one or a good one that really knows what he is doing. First started when I was 16 and could barely walk from working in a plumbing supply lifting shit some of you couldn't lift now, jacked my back up and a chiro was the only thing that helped me out. Found a really good one when I started back at the gym and found tren and was lifting big things, really helped keep my spine straight and stop the pain. But then again, I knew what was wrong with my back due to MRI and Xrays.

Reactions: DF
J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I'm sure there are some that are ok but I wouldn't go to one under any circumstance ever. My brother in law and his wife are Orthopedic surgeons, I was going to go to a chiropractor and then they started listing what's required of them from a state a federal level and the utter lack of training they receive in order to be called a chiropractor. I stand by my statement I think they're quacks and think you're crazy if you go. Ill ask my brother to draft an email for me and ill post up here just FYI. I'm glad it's worked for you I just wouldn't trust that I had s good one

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
I'm sure there are some that are ok but I wouldn't go to one under any circumstance ever. My brother in law and his wife are Orthopedic surgeons, I was going to go to a chiropractor and then they started listing what's required of them from a state a federal level and the utter lack of training they receive in order to be called a chiropractor. I stand by my statement I think they're quacks and think you're crazy if you go. Ill ask my brother to draft an email for me and ill post up here just FYI. I'm glad it's worked for you I just wouldn't trust that I had s good one

While no one will challenge the knowledge of ortho surgeons, they also have diametrically opposed philosophies (re: chiros). Traditional western medicine is notoriously closed-minded, and I don't know a lot of surgeons that will support a treatment plan that takes money out of their pocket.

A marriage of the 2 has been ideal for me. Chiro keeps me training with 4 herniated discs, but I've had spine surgery as well (fusions, microdiscectomy).

Do you suggest another non-invasive, non medicine-centric route?

Reactions: DF
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Get a MRI to diagnose the problem if it still continues

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
While no one will challenge the knowledge of ortho surgeons, they also have diametrically opposed philosophies (re: chiros). Traditional western medicine is notoriously closed-minded, and I don't know a lot of surgeons that will support a treatment plan that takes money out of their pocket.

A marriage of the 2 has been ideal for me. Chiro keeps me training with 4 herniated discs, but I've had spine surgery as well (fusions, microdiscectomy).

Do you suggest another non-invasive, non medicine-centric route?

All very valid points

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Sorry I'm on my phone and didn't see your question. I won't let anyone who's not an MD touch my back unless its massage therapy or something with very little risk of causing further harm

D

Dsly

Dec 5, 2012
What I would like to avoid is taking time off work to pay a doctor to pretend to listen to my concerns and then give me a prescription for some Ibuprophen and tell me to rest it and ice it and come back in 2 weeks. Or worse, tell me to get a $2000 MRI, then give me the Ibuprophen and tell me to rest it and ice it.

I read somewhere that 100mg/wk of test with 3mg/kg of deca will increase tendon strength and bone density and help build joint health. I have been told that the tissue that holds discs together is like tendon tissue. If that information is correct then I thought maybe it would be helpful to repair and strengthen the areas that are the source of my issue.

When all the likely diagnosises have similar treatments, I see no need to pay a doctor to tell me to take ibuprophen, ice and rest. I guess I'm just a special kind of stoopid.;)

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
Sorry I'm on my phone and didn't see your question. I won't let anyone who's not an MD touch my back unless its massage therapy or something with very little risk of causing further harm

Absolutely understand. I know I'm not changing your mind, nor you mine, but I enjoy the discourse.

For ME, I'm not a fan (at all) of rigid prescription therapies for an injury like herniated discs. They do nothing for me, personally. After getting an MRI to accurately show my issue, I take THAT to my chiro and my spine doc.

Spine doc doesn't feel I'm a candidate for surgery (yet), but I still want to train & compete. For me this is where my chiro becomes essential. Adjustments reduce my inflammation (and somewhat unrelated pelvic tilt) and alleviate pain. I do also engage in massage for the surrounding muscle tension due to the bad discs.

Admittedly, this is not a protocol everyone can, nor is willing to engage in. I'm VERY selective about my healthcare providers, and I make damn sure they all can & will work together so I can achieve what I want. My wife is also a BSN in APRN school (and a raging bitch about providers), so we are incredibly thorough when choosing.

I feel both methods have positives and negatives-the trick is finding the best therapy to keep us in the gym/on the platform.

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
Makes a lot of sense brother and I understand your position

An Internet disagreement that didn't devolve into a pissing match? Preposterous! :D

Massages, though. Glorious.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Haha.... I get massages 3 days a week, I have logs that indicate I'm stronger and recover faster when I get massaged . I won't be giving them up

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I went to a chiro here in my area for a free treatment. It turned out to be a sales pitch and he wanted my wife present for the pitch as well. I said my wife doesn't need to be present for anything about my back. Wtf. If you read the information on what chiro is all about its really does sound off the wall. The core essence of chiro.

Holds about the same weight as homeopathic medicine to me.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic