Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Build, Grow, Learn.

MammonToten

MammonToten

May 30, 2021
Hello,
My name is J and I am 28 years old(as of the end of June).

I am 170-180(need a scale) pounds @ 5'9, not sure on my fat percentage yet. It isn't much, I would describe my body as a "Dad bod" despite not having kids (yet).

I want to change my life forever!
Body builders can share solid life advice that comes from; courage, discipline, dedication, hard work, passion and sacrifice. He knows what it is like to start from scratch and build something from the ground up. He wasn't born with a body pre-built, he had to create that himself.
He has been where all of us start and is where all of us want to end up.

I am here, so I can become the best me I can be and to use that to help others become their best self.

We all are here for one reason or another, and I know we all start somewhere.
Greek physique/Spartan body type is what I want to become.
Looking forward to learning, posting, sharing with and helping anyone and everyone I can.
-J

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Welcome, J, read around through the Forums a bit, tell us what parts you think will help, and what parts you have questions on.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hello,
My name is J and I am 28 years old(as of the end of June).

I am 170-180(need a scale) pounds @ 5'9, not sure on my fat percentage yet. It isn't much, I would describe my body as a "Dad bod" despite not having kids (yet).

I want to change my life forever!
Body builders can share solid life advice that comes from; courage, discipline, dedication, hard work, passion and sacrifice. He knows what it is like to start from scratch and build something from the ground up. He wasn't born with a body pre-built, he had to create that himself.
He has been where all of us start and is where all of us want to end up.

I am here, so I can become the best me I can be and to use that to help others become their best self.

We all are here for one reason or another, and I know we all start somewhere.
Greek physique/Spartan body type is what I want to become.
Looking forward to learning, posting, sharing with and helping anyone and everyone I can.
-J

I suggest you read as much as you can on the internet. Then come here and ask questions. You have to start evaluating you reason to do this:

1. What are your goals? Just getting rid of the DAD BOD is kind of lose. Narrow it down
2. What is your experience....be honest with yourself
3. How much time do you have to commit to making this change. Most make up excuses for not getting exercise
4. How much time do you have to recover. 8 hours of sleep is very important to recovery

You absolutely have to understand that while becoming fit only take about 100 minutes of activity a week, as your your goals get more complex, so does the time you have to dedicate yourself to and the recovery time you need. In this case diet starts coming into play. If you are self-motivated you should be able to push youself. However many are not an need the help of a trainer.

I use this video in my college level fitness class to help kids understand how to design a weight training routine Don't know this guy but he is right on the money.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Welcome!!!!....Like the others have said, "read, learn, interact"....Enjoy!!!!

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

F.I.S.T.
May 15, 2021
Welcome.to TID brother.

Stick around and read up.Lots of good info here.Hope to hear from you.Post up.

MammonToten

MammonToten

May 30, 2021
Hey everyone, just wanted to update people.
I watched "Pumping Iron" for the first time the other day. It was an amazing film. Inspiring in so many ways.
"Come on, let's get serious" is now my new phrase for pushing myself.

I have to get back to reading more here specifically, but looked into the Bronze, Silver and Gold era's of bodybuilding so far. I will read more here tonight in the subforums about all sorts of topics like diet specifically.
I should have been more specific when I was talking about what I want to achieve. I don't have a measurement of bicep or thigh or weight I know I want to be able to strive for. Should I start considering those metrics to measure and plan goals? Should I take notes on a bodybuilders measurements that I admire?

Thank you all for the support. I will start being more active on here!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic