Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Brown rice

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Any of you guys use the boil in a bag kind of brown rice ? I been procrastinatin buying a rice cooker for forever so I have just been using this method ... And Tupperware in the microwave at work ... The family size bags are 2.5 cups and works out well for convenience factors along with frozen veggies... I just cook several pounds of chicken Sunday/wed and put it in gallon zip lock bags and that's 15-20 of my week day meals while I'm at work

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I use them, I don't really like the quality of the rice as opposed to fully cooking my own. They are great in a time crunch or at work as you are doing but blah!

AndroSport

AndroSport

Jul 8, 2012
You can get some decent "home made" tasting brown rice in a micro bag/bowl from trader joes...

I switched to white and my stomach has thanked me!!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice pouches are kick ass. They make a brown rice one with no sodium added.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Can't stand brown rice. I mostly do a low carb diet, but when I do eat rice it's Basmati all the way. It's a little pricey, but worth it.

And no rice cooker needed.

2:1 water to rice, bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes. Perfect every time and never stick to the pot.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I'm not bulking but am carb cycling now so taking GI and net carbs into consideration... I may go to trader joes and get some brown basmati or brown aromatic rice ... Also read about a kind of rice called texmati brown rice supposedly has kind of a nutty taste to it, and may give that a try .. I only eat rice 2 days a week currently days that end up being legs and usually chest 2-3 carb meals~50-100 g carbs for each

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice pouches are kick ass. They make a brown rice one with no sodium added.

they're pretty damn good.. the brown and wild one is awesome, packed with salt but it tastes great.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I used to eat white rice but found it would bloat me but not the brown basmati rice.my wife picks up a bag from the local Indian shop and its pretty good.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I go through 2 boxes of brown rice a week. Doesnt taste too great but flavor doesnt have much importance to me these days.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
You can get some decent "home made" tasting brown rice in a micro bag/bowl from trader joes...

I switched to white and my stomach has thanked me!!!

Me too!! Not only has it helped my stomach, but it's also helped with the bloat that brown rice gives me too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic