Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Brock Lesnar Vs. Junior dos Santos: Stop The Presses! TUF 13 Coaches Comfirmed

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
There have been a million correct stoppages in fights where the guy getting beaten on wasn't really "out" yet. Being able to cover your head while someone drops bombs on you isn't a skill necessarily...unless you are changing position, trying to advance, grabbing for a submission, etc (see almost any Heath Herring fight and he constantly gives up his back, then reverses, then tries something else, etc). Brock easily beat Heath, but I'm just saying that Heath MOVES when in bad positions so the fight doesn't get stopped. Brock's lack of experience is why he turtled against Shane. He'll get better and better though...the guy is a freak and will continue to dominate most competition. I don't really care who wins the Lesnar/Santos fight cuz I think Cain would dominate either one.

M

muaythaifighter

Jan 21, 2011
A Ref's Job is the fighters safety and to make sure everyone plays by the rules.
There has been bad and good stoppages but if the grounded fighter is not "intelligently" defending or escaping, the ref will stop the fight.

I have seen inexperience refs with no actual martial art training stop a fight early while the guy was executing an escape. To the untrained eye it was getting beat up..but to guys who train...u can clearly tell he was getting out of a bad situation..

M

muaythaifighter

Jan 21, 2011
A Ref's Job is the fighters safety and to make sure everyone plays by the rules.
There has been bad and good stoppages but if the grounded fighter is not "intelligently" defending or escaping, the ref will stop the fight.

I have seen inexperience refs with no actual martial art training stop a fight early while the guy was executing an escape. To the untrained eye it was getting beat up..but to guys who train...u can clearly tell he was getting out of a bad situation..

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
Lesnar wasint getting out of a bad situation, he was in a bad situation. And lucky for him he didint take a clean crisp punch to the face. Its obvious that he turtles and gets flustered once he gets hit. Even Cain at the end of the fight said they expected it

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011

AGREED BRO! The unexperienced refs (and judges) need to be CUT OUT OF THE GAME IMMEDIATELY. A BJJ expert getting hit in the head while trying to grab a submission IS INTELLIGENTLY DEFENDING/advancing his position. A good ref will see this and let them fight. A guy simply covering his head and laying on his side is done fighting and so the fight should be over.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Yes he did turtle up but he did try to get out of it. When he was first caught on the feet he started to turtle up then tried to clinch, moved away and then tried to shoot a double, when he was on the ground he contiously moved his arms to block the shifts from Shanes uppercuts to hooks, he didn't just put his hands over his head and not move. He kicked Shane away from his body twice I think, advanced positionm side mount, to the half guard while Shane was punching him and he was blocking, tried to establish arm control of shane, then moved to wrist control, contiously tried to establish control of shanes arms when he could.

He wasn't just idle there, he moved a lot when he could.

Against Valasquez, sure, he turtled up and didn't do anything after he got caught, he was on his way out of the match and according to some people verbally submitted, Brock was already done and not able or willing to try to advance position. Against Carwin, he did a great job of stopping a quick onslaught of strikes.

R

ranzo

Mar 29, 2011
So did anyone watch the first episode? What are your thoughts?

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
I do kinda like brock but he just seems like a big meathead. He reminds of biff from back to the future. To soon to tell though, will see how the season goes. He could of kept more possitive after their first loss just to boost the team morale.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Yeah, I watched it, and my thoughts are "YAWN". It was a boring first episode, and I hope that doesn't set the tone for the entire series. Dos Santos seems like a really nice guy, and I believe that even with the language barrier, he'll be a great coach. Brock, on the other hand, didn't seem like he was working with his fighters on anything other than strength and conditioning. I'm not too happy about the fighters not having to fight their way into the house either. Those were some of the best fights because it was do or die.

And I know this is an old thread, but whoever said Brock was the best athlete in the world in that division is mistaken. One of the most powerful, yes. Most athletic? No. Fedor is a better athlete. Alistair Overeem is more athletic, and probably just as powerful. Josh Barnett is another heavyweight that is a better pure athlete. Is the list long? No, but a great athlete must have many qualities, one of them being balance, and I'm pretty sure I've seen Brock stumbling around the cage like a bull on ice skates. I don't like Brock not because of his antics after the Mir fight, but because Dana White put him in a position to win the heavyweight title when he was far from a title-shot. How many no-names have beat former champions and immediately be thrust into a title-shot? None. But Brock was, and it cheapened the heavyweight division. It's Dana's greedy ass fault, but Brock didn't behave like a champion either, so I hate 'em both.

And don't fucking get me started on the Martin Kampmann v. Diego Sanchez. What a fucking joke.......

Alright I'm done. :D

R

ranzo

Mar 29, 2011
I honestly don't like Brock either. I watched with an open mind but it seemed all they did was cardio and conditioning. When does the coaching begin from either side. I think Dos Santos is a much more intelligent fighter and will be the better coach. Only time will tell though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic