Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Brit Floyd

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
There a tribute band for Pink Floyd. A friend took me for my birthday and it was just about the best concert I've ever seen. The back up singers, 3 woman, were incredible, made me wonder what the fark they were doing in a tribute band. Theres a solo by one of em on 'The great gig in the sky'. Plus I saw Kiss a couple wks ago at the local waterfront and they were as awesome as ever.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
U2 band around here called Unforgettable Fire, sound just like U2, spot on. They were supposed to play AC next month, got canceled.

Some of these tribute cover bands are awesome

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not about cover bands, but I think I just stumbled on the greatest performance of the Stones' Gimmie Shelter. That's the song where a female singer pairs with Mick ... it was a relative unknown named Merry (not Mary) Clayton when it debuted ... her soaring voice helped cement that song into most of their tours in the 100 yrs since.

During those 100 yrs, many of the anybody-who's-anybody females have done guest appearances, with some trying to upstage Mick and looking stupid (read: Lady Gaga). Only one who deserved to be there was Tina Turner imo. In later yrs the Stones found Lisa Fischer and seemed to build her into a Co-Star ... out-soars Merry Clayton, and out-sexes, or at least equals, prime Tina.

I am not sure, but this vid gives the appearance of maybe being her first Stones gig, the one where she becomes a star and a full time employee ... the surprised smiles from the band during her performance, the way Mick makes sure we learn her name at the end, the appreciative newcomer thank you she returns .....

Disclaimer: she's older now, voice is still there but the hair is short, the skirt is not, and she's much heavier ... but in this vid, she is intense.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
U2 band around here called Unforgettable Fire, sound just like U2, spot on. They were supposed to play AC next month, got canceled.

Some of these tribute cover bands are awesome

U2 sucks. Most overrated band ever. I bet Yaya wouldn't even Bono a bite of his calamari waffles with oyster cream cheese.

But...some of the tribute bands are indeed awesome. Bad Fish is a sublime tribute band that used to tour nationally. They were amazing. Not sure if they're still around. Draw the Line was such a good tribute band that Aerosmith actually endorsed them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic