Kiddorism

Briefs, legal?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I have a pair of inzer power pants

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=PWR_PNT

I've had them for awhile but never really used them for anything. I've been battling this high groin issue for awhile that kind of comes and goes. When it's fired up, it makes squats and/ or any kind of wide stance really painful. I usually squat with a medium stance.

Anyway, I've pulled on the power pants a few times when the groin is crying and it makes squatting possible, not to mention that there is definately some rebound carryover.

I have not competed yet, but I would like to someday. I have two questions regarding the briefs.
1. Am I doing myself a dis service by training in the briefs?
2. If /when, I compete, I plan on raw or as raw as possible, knee sleeves or wraps.
Where does this particular product fall legally? Yes, I realize that every fed is different and I'm not sure which I want to try.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
If you are competing as raw or raw with wraps then those briefs would be considered cheating. I compete in RPS and the rules meeting they spell this out every single time.

I bought a pair too but they were too much of a PITA to get on so I switched to neoprene compression shorts for squat and deadlift days and I also wear compression boxers underneath them.

tinymk

tinymk

Feb 5, 2013
Squat briefs wont be legal is Raw or Classic Raw. They are easy to spot inside a singlet. It is the 1st thing I look for as a referee as well. I think you do what you gotta do to get through the workouts but in the meet they are a no go.

Have you tried bringing your stance in a bit and bring the bar up slightly higher on the back or box squats with a medium stance again with the bar held higher on the back?
I had a SI injury last year that took 6 months to work through and that was with the SI injection. I had to find a way to dead/ squat every week that would not re-aggravate it.
Pain in the ass literally. Stick with it brother, you'll get it figured out

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Are you allowed to wear those neoprene shorts in comp? Assuming you are talking about something like warm pants or wet suit bottoms.

I can compete without the briefs because we are talking 3 singles not reps. My concern is that training with them will ultimately hurt more than help.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I al
Squat briefs wont be legal is Raw or Classic Raw. They are easy to spot inside a singlet. It is the 1st thing I look for as a referee as well. I think you do what you gotta do to get through the workouts but in the meet they are a no go.

Have you tried bringing your stance in a bit and bring the bar up slightly higher on the back or box squats with a medium stance again with the bar held higher on the back?
I had a SI injury last year that took 6 months to work through and that was with the SI injection. I had to find a way to dead/ squat every week that would not re-aggravate it.
Pain in the ass literally. Stick with it brother, you'll get it figured out

I have no intention of trying to cheat, or sneak the briefs in. If they're not legal, then no go. It's more of whether they help or hurt my training.

I already carry the bar high, any higher would be a front squat.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Are you allowed to wear those neoprene shorts in comp?

Nope. You gotta wear a singlet, no matter what fed you lift in it's the only thing allowed. Well, along with socks and underwear and a t-shirt if you want.

As for your question I was wondering that too; if training with them made me more susceptible to the groin injury I got at my last comp. Hard to say; I doubt it though.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Nope. You gotta wear a singlet, no matter what fed you lift in it's the only thing allowed. Well, along with socks and underwear and a t-shirt if you want.

As for your question I was wondering that too; if training with them made me more susceptible to the groin injury I got at my last comp. Hard to say; I doubt it though.

Even geared/equipped Feds? I was just thinking raw because I'm so freaking weak that my numbers would be better. Only a few hundred behind rather than >500.

tinymk

tinymk

Feb 5, 2013
Even geared/equipped Feds? I was just thinking raw because I'm so freaking weak that my numbers would be better. Only a few hundred behind rather than >500.
I believe in the equipped divisions you would be gtg. You would still have to check with the federation your competing in, not all briefs are legal even in equipped...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Well, good news is that I just looked at USPA state records and 181 masters looks not so impossible.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Training with power pants, briefs, gear in general isn't stupid. It's smart. It's about longevity in your training. The constant wear and tear can cause injury. It doesn't just have to be an acute incident.

I squat in powerpants on my heaviest singles days. I've squatted 635 with and without wearing them. Do they help?... of course. Do they help as much as a pair of briefs? No way. I also have a pair of briefs but opted not to train in them. That's just my personal preference. So.. the vast majority of my training is without my powerpants which keeps my hips, joints, etc strong and they don't weaken from wearing the pp.

You can practice as you play but as we age we need to keep our joints healthy and that means training smart which could include wearing some protective/supportive gear. I break out knee wraps when I'm at 90+% of my 1RM to give my knees a bit more support and yes.. they aid in my lift too but as I lift more the 90% increases too.

If you compete in Raw, classic or modern you can't wear them like what has been said. You have to check the federation to see what they allow in the equipped classes.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I follow what you're saying herr. I wouldn't think of squatting without sleeves, but don't usually pull them on until I'm at my working sets. I have a pair of elitefts super heavy sleeves that wouldn't fly in raw, but that doesn't stop me from training in them. I suppose I should look at the pants the sa,e way

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
The way some of the wording is written. I know a few guys who have worn the groove legless briefs in Raw. I think APA and 365Strong allow it????? I have no idea of the Legless groove briefs even add anything. I'm not sure if it's legal or not. They may have been cheating. I know a few Feds allow briefs under single ply suits and still count as single ply.

edit: re-read the APA rules and it's illegal in Raw for sure.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=GROOVE

I bought a pair of the inzer Power Pants once and never good get the sizing correct. I have a Titan cent. briefs and love them.

My first suit was a Metal V-Style squat suit. I used mainly for Deadlifts. When my hips hurt I would wear it with the straps down. Took all the pain way instant. I have bought two of these suits used off of PLW for 30 bucks each.

I would try and find a suit like that to train in. Then you can try out single ply squat and deads for fun. Push the limits a bit more.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic