Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Brian Wainstein of Genxxl in court fighting US extradition

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Johannesburg - An alleged high-profile supplier of steroids intends fighting a request by US authorities to extradite him in a Cape Town court, the Sunday Times reports.

Brian Wainstein, dubbed the “Steroid King”, had allegedly been supplying illegal steroids worth millions for over a decade.

He was granted bail by the Cape Town Magistrate's Court last week.

He has South African and Israeli citizenship.

Wainstein, who was on Interpol's wanted list, was arrested in Cape Town in mid-January after being in the country for a few months.

Wainstein's attorney, Brett Carnegie, told the newspaper that lawyers were going to fight the extradition request.

“We were well aware of the charges coming and we're prepared to fight them. We have briefed advocates to contest the extradition vigorously.”

An indictment by US prosecutors alleges Wainstein ran an anabolic steroids distribution operation, along with his wife and others, since 2004.

The Sunday Times reported that according to US court papers he had made a net profit of R76 million.

He also apparently faces charges in the US of smuggling human growth hormone and falsely branding drugs.

Carnegie told the newspaper Wainstein would co-operate with authorities, but that he rejected the allegations.

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
76 million huh? Nice! I'm sure he has his own " DREAM TEAM " defending him.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That is a nice chunk of change right there!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
With that kind of money, I don't understand why the guy just doesn't disappear. Go to some jurisdication that has no extradition, and lounge by the pool with a drink that has one of those little umbrellas in them.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
With that kind of money, I don't understand why the guy just doesn't disappear. Go to some jurisdication that has no extradition, and lounge by the pool with a drink that has one of those little umbrellas in them.

Greed, because you never have enough and always want more....he'd have been back up and running soon if he thought the heat was off.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
76 million huh? Nice! I'm sure he has his own " DREAM TEAM " defending him.

It says R76 million. The R means South African Rand, not US Dollars. R76M = $8.5M in USD. Still a nice chunk of change, though.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
It would be much more than 8.5m US, I remember Glenn England's agreed facts were 12.5m if my memory serves who was apparently running just the Canadian branch of Axio. My facts could be wrong because it was awhile ago but I'm sure someone could look it up if they were interested.
Either way, this will be a long term case I don't expect to see the end of it in 2013.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It would be much more than 8.5m US, I remember Glenn England's agreed facts were 12.5m if my memory serves who was apparently running just the Canadian branch of Axio. My facts could be wrong because it was awhile ago but I'm sure someone could look it up if they were interested.
Either way, this will be a long term case I don't expect to see the end of it in 2013.

More like 8.5m US Dollars per year...

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
PoB that's a more believable figure. Either way I will be watching this case through the process. If he holds a South African citizenship I can't see him being extradited to the US to face a possible life time jail sentence for alleged crimes that were committed over the internet. Especially since South Africa is a majorly corrupt country and a man with as much money as him can virtually bribe anyone. It will be interesting.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Have I got this right the USA are chasing this guy because of steroid distribution and there not worried with the drug cartels who are flooding the USA with illicit drugs and where thousands of people die of drug overdose.yea it all makes sense know.

g0retekz

g0retekz

Jan 5, 2013
Have I got this right the USA are chasing this guy because of steroid distribution and there not worried with the drug cartels who are flooding the USA with illicit drugs and where thousands of people die of drug overdose.yea it all makes sense know.

U are absolutely correct. Amazing isn't it??

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Good! fucking sold me horribly pain tren ace years ago. 10 useless bottles.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic