Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Breakfast Ideas

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Coffee I do, why Coconut oil, is this the newest oil fad, or does it actually do something good for your body?
bacon only on week ends, I dont have time at 4:30 am to make bacon..
smokes, I kicked those some time ago, but I still crave them from time to time. Im scared if I have even one, Ill be back on that band wagon...

So I was a little adventurous today, put onions, mushrooms an cheese in my eggs, was quite nice.

The coconut oil hype has been around for a while. The interesting thing about coconut oil is that it's actually high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT), which puts it in to an odd category. We actually want more short chain triglycerides (SCFA) than anything else, and as little LCFA as possible. Too much MCT can have the same ill effects as LCFA, which are potential bowel issues, inflammatory responses, and screwing up your lipid profiles. The confusing thing is, is that they are "better" than long, but not as good as short. In a very huge number of studies done on the effects of coconut oil, the results were misinterpreted and the reader believed it was healthy to consume large amounts, when in fact, it is healthy to consume small amounts, but certainly not large amounts.

That said, as always, use common sense and consume in moderation. Our society has the mental illness that, if you tell someone something is healthy, they consume insane amounts of it. Soy was one of them, showing later that, although soy was "healthy", large amounts of it causes many problems as well.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Typical breakfast: 20oz. Ribeye, 3 eggs with cheese, 3 stuffed Jalapenos.

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: CFM
daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
Coffee I do, why Coconut oil, is this the newest oil fad, or does it actually do something good for your body?
smokes, I kicked those some time ago, but I still crave them from time to time. Im scared if I have even one, Ill be back on that band wagon...

So I was a little adventurous today, put onions, mushrooms an cheese in my eggs, was quite nice.

Tried my idea, eh? ;)

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

2 strips of bacon take 3 mins in the microwave. Its pretty much a requirement for me.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
beer and bacon is in the same catagory for me, I cant just have one or two, If Im going to eat bacon its half a pound, if im drinking its 12 pack not just 1 or 2 beers.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Ok, so Im running out of breakfast ideas, as much as i love scambled eggs, there have got to be some options for breakfast in the mornings. Please anyone out here have any ideas?
What does your normal breakfast look like?
What are your goals?

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Goals,,,, Right now, put size and strength on, then next spring cut down. I'm 270 right now, I should be about 240, so I don't want to get much fatter. This week, I'm doing 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup veggies, 1/2 rice, breakfast. I do about 6 meals a day, but cant eat late or I get bad ass heartburn at night.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'm doing 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup veggies, 1/2 rice, breakfast. I do about 6 meals a day,
I realize that some people do this because they have trouble keeping on track, but man, I have no idea why anyone would want to live like this. I call this the Bro diet.

Get myfitnesspal, set up your macro/calorie needs for the day, then play with all kinds of different foods to learn what fits and what doesnt. You will hate yourself for having eaten chicken and rice so much when you realize how easy it is to use mfp and get a good meal plan going. Until you hit sub 8%, you can stay very flexible.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I just do it cause it easy for me, I cook, get the meals ready for the week, I have 4 different meals to choose from, It saves me money, and I do need to tack stuff, I have my fitness pal, works great.

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
Great thread, been looking myself for better breakfast..
Earnest question..bacon really OK for breakfast on a daily basis?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Great thread, been looking myself for better breakfast..
Earnest question..bacon really OK for breakfast on a daily basis?

I am convinced that genetics plays one of the biggest roles in determining what is "good and bad" for us. Moderation certainly plays a role as well. What one person can get away with, another might not.

Hell, we used to think that if someone has high cholesterol, we should automatically put them on medicine and a strict diet to fix it. Now we see that low cholesterol has a higher mortality rate than high does, and fixing it with drugs can actually make things worse.

At this point, it seems like we should just follow the common sense approach and use moderation in general and stop worrying about everything else. 2 pieces of bacon in the morning? Well, if that's the worst thing you eat all day, I am sure it's just fine.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I am convinced that genetics plays one of the biggest roles in determining what is "good and bad" for us. Moderation certainly plays a role as well. What one person can get away with, another might not.

Hell, we used to think that if someone has high cholesterol, we should automatically put them on medicine and a strict diet to fix it. Now we see that low cholesterol has a higher mortality rate than high does, and fixing it with drugs can actually make things worse.

At this point, it seems like we should just follow the common sense approach and use moderation in general and stop worrying about everything else. 2 pieces of bacon in the morning? Well, if that's the worst thing you eat all day, I am sure it's just fine.
Our bodies are very complicated machines, but if observed, become very predictable, if not trainable.

Reactions: CFM
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic