ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Def get checked
Can't hurt and may open u up to new things in life
I wish ya well
Dr Robinson is awesome doc check him out at brookwood
He trained under dr Zieger who was the #1 Nuro in the south (died in plane crash)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
My Mum suffered one a couple of years ago, only signs leading up to it were about 5 or 6 weeks of a persistent headache (which she rarely ever got beforehand). She went out to a friends party and basically after around 10mins of not feeling 100% it was 'lights out'. She was in hospital for many months and recovery is ongoing, but now she's just starting to come right and relatively back to normal apart from a few symptoms which she copes with. She was lucky that she got to hospital quickly and was with a great team of doctors, most people don't get a second shot at life after this kind of thing.

BackAtIt - definitely worth getting checked out to be on the safe side. In terms of someone saying that coffee often helps with migraines, this is somewhat due to coffee's vasodilatory effect but I can't imagine being of any use for anything more serious than that.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
My buddies mother dropped dead in her kitchen from one when we were 20. She was 47. No signs that anyone knew of. Just dropped cooking dinner one day.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
After dinner with his wife, a co-worker went to the garage to work on his car as he often did. After being out there too long, the wife checked on him. Found him dead on the floor. Brain
aneurysm and instant death. I think he was early 40s.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thanks again, guys, I think...im gonna get a check up...

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
When my brother was tested positive for Marfan's Syndrome my doc set me up with 2 different ultrasounds to look for potential aneurysms, so we seem to have the technology to look for them.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Father died of a pulmonary embolism when I was 16. Weeks of symptoms difficult to diagnose. Then one night adios.

I am sorry to read this.

I had a PE a few years ago and it almost killed me.
Very little symptoms for days. Just like I had some gas that wouldnt go away.
Spit up a tiny amount of blood the day before and the day it happened.
Not much at all.

The night it happened I felt like shit for a few hours with pain in my side, then it kicked in at full blast.
Took maybe 20 minutes to get to the ER and by then I trouble breathing.
Even the ER doc didnt think it was a PE when he saw me the first time. Wanted to send me home.
But my wife (nurse) refused before I had a cat scan.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I am sorry to read this.

I had a PE a few years ago and it almost killed me.
Very little symptoms for days. Just like I had some gas that wouldnt go away.
Spit up a tiny amount of blood the day before and the day it happened.
Not much at all.

The night it happened I felt like shit for a few hours with pain in my side, then it kicked in at full blast.
Took maybe 20 minutes to get to the ER and by then I trouble breathing.
Even the ER doc didnt think it was a PE when he saw me the first time. Wanted to send me home.
But my wife (nurse) refused before I had a cat scan.

Very lucky. It's supposedly rare to survive if it goes undiagnosed the whole time.
My grandfather , my father's father died of a stroke. So now my wife n mother make me get tested every few years for some blood marker that indicates likely hood of clots. So far so good.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Very lucky. It's supposedly rare to survive if it goes undiagnosed the whole time.
My grandfather , my father's father died of a stroke. So now my wife n mother make me get tested every few years for some blood marker that indicates likely hood of clots. So far so good.

Keep that up. This nothing to screw around with.
I have a clot right now in my lower left leg. Been there for over 2 years.
It was a big one. Its getting better but its slow as hell.
I have been on blood thinners since and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Keep that up. This nothing to screw around with.
I have a clot right now in my lower left leg. Been there for over 2 years.
It was a big one. Its getting better but its slow as hell.
I have been on blood thinners since and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Another reason I am 75-85% vegetarian now. I try to only eat meat 1-2 days a week, dairy only 50% of the time.
I do still sneak cigs if I'm drinking which is bad.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic