TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I had no idea he was that young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
He’s been on the around since 2014 when he was about 22yo. I thought he was older cos I had heard his name back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Images of him say he did pass the "Do you lift weights bro" test ... but they did not justify the dosing he recommended to anyone who listened.

Contrast that with many in their 50s, and hopefully beyond, who have exceeded the "bro" test on more sensible dosing.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I mean come on.... 200mg of orals per day and 5-12 grams of injectables a week plus 18 ius of GH per day for years on end? IDK how he made it to 29. And for what? To be an NPC champ once? This is really a case example of people thinking the only thing keeping them from the big stage is more drugs. I'm sure he had other issues as well. I really feel bad not for him (he made his own stupid choices) but for his family. At least he was open about it so as to serve as an example of what NOT to do.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm sad for the guy. He made his bed, so to speak, but what was going through his mind?

I can only imagine what his quality of life was like on all those drugs. Difficult to breath, crappy sleep, BP through the roof. The BBers of the 70s had it right, IMO. They way overtrained, not knowing that all the growth was in the recovery, but because of that they actually had a decent measure of physical fitness. They did cardio activities, and focused on overall health. It hindered their growth, but they all had great density and muscle hardness. I'm convinced that was due to the lack of insulin, and the massive amount of volume and posing they did. They would work out for hours, and do 10s of sets for a bodypart. We now know that is unnecessary and even counterproductive, but they looked as hard as stone, which I think is a better look than the puffiness you see in today top pros.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
It is sad he did everything on his own refused to follow docs advice or get treatment dialysis and even was treating himself with EPO....trying to heal his kidneys on his own with a gfr of 8.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
He’s been on the around since 2014 when he was about 22yo. I thought he was older cos I had heard his name back then.

Didn't he make his fame younger than that with the insulin videos and site injections that got infected? I remember seeing videos on YouTube of him taking like 10 site injection spots with peptide cocktails not using alcohol and reusing needles. Always had to be the stupid one in everything he did to get attention

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I used to hate him, but went on to like him because of his honesty with everything he just blurted truths out, plus exposed a lot of shady things/coaches in the BB'ing world. I used to watch the podcast with leo longevity and one of the things that may have ruined his kidneys is he was using an experimental fat loss drug that caused kidney failure in rats and monkeys. After using that his kidneys (and who knows in what kind of shape it was before taking this stuff) went downhill fast.

Another thing is he was main lining crushed oxy pills, nubain, and even some OTC supplements as he would talk about it candidly on the podcast. Plus like MassiveG stated he would re-use needles and would sorta brag about that.

His friends really tried to help him trying to get him into the best Nephrologists in the nation but he didn't want to drive or fly that far.

I remember he had all sorts of test done on him to get him ready to be on the kidney transplant list and he was surprised (as I was) his heart was in good condition from what he stated, but who knows if that was the truth or not.

The last time he was on Leo's podcast he was taking in injectable iron supplement that he got from a tractor/animal feed bin sort of place that was for animals. And from what I've been reading to much iron could cause a heart attack, but who knows what happened until there is an autopsy.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Didn't he make his fame younger than that with the insulin videos and site injections that got infected? I remember seeing videos on YouTube of him taking like 10 site injection spots with peptide cocktails not using alcohol and reusing needles. Always had to be the stupid one in everything he did to get attention

He made himself the experiment; there was a fat burner that he tried that had cause kidney failure in rats which he believed caused his renal failure.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
He made himself the experiment; there was a fat burner that he tried that had cause kidney failure in rats which he believed caused his renal failure.

Why would anyone be that stupid?
Wife and kid have to carry on and his dumb ass likely didn't have a HUGE life insurance policy.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Why would anyone be that stupid?
Wife and kid have to carry on and his dumb ass likely didn't have a HUGE life insurance policy.
Narcissism. Its why most ppl get involved in the "bodybuilding lifestyle" to start with. He loved the attention it gave him. If he actually gave two shits about anyone else he would have put away all the drugs and went TRT years ago. Also someone already mentioned his rec addiction. I lost a friend of mine last year ( Justin ) under very similar circumstances and another friend a few years ago ( Kurt ). Same type of thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic