Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

bodyweight benchpress, 29 reps

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I hear this crap all the time. Im 300+ with a 500+ Bench, and people always try and burst my bubble. I do this because it brings me to a happy place, I challenge myself with every new max attempt. And on the same hand Ill stop a training session to help anyone out with a spot or friendly advise if asked.

Seriously? How can anyone say anything to you about that? Your bench is in an elite category.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Seriously? How can anyone say anything to you about that? Your bench is in an elite category.

Turbo...you have a lil something on your chin...may want to wipe that off :D

TBH in my wole life I've never sat down and figured my weigh tand tried to do body weight x's reps. I've always just tried to keep adding to my total. Even as a old fart now I still keep it to trying to beat my pr's.

Last edited:
MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012

I find that alot of the smaller guys (absolutely no pun intended) try to justify my lifts by saying its my weight that allows me to get these lifts. One guy I know from work is about 185lbs starts comparing my lifts with his or vise versa, and states that if he does 315 then its the equivalent of my 500+. I really dont agree, but if it makes them fell better about themselves then so be it. Its no sweat off my back.

So it sounds that I need to get to 275 with 550 to be respected....lol

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Awesome way to prove your point by name-calling. Yep, that'll help. What exactly would you hope to add to the thread with a comment like this?

Well what was you point in posting a video of yourself in someone else's thread? To one up him? You know nothing about him, his could be the largest lifting accomplishment he has had, who knows. To minimize his lift with your own is just a dick move.
And if you feel your legs are symmetrical that's good for you, why would you care what I have to say.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm one of those little guys and I'd like to point out that I understand that strength is not linear. I understand that if I want to increase my bench I will have to gain some weight. Thus, becoming the not-so-little guy is the more immediate goal for myself. Not to take anything away from the OP. Your vid is impressive and if it is your goal to do well in a body weight competition, you should do well.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
The OP has posted this in multiple other forums fishing for compliments, then became disputatious with anyone who didn't stroke his ego. In each of those other people posted vids of their own and I've never seen anyone say anything about it. I had no idea that it was poor etiquette to post a vid. My apologies. -EK

really? I posted it to share my progress. then you and your dick-suckers came with a shower of insults and absolte bullshit out of nowhere...so much of it it wasnt even worth my time posting. you do not belong on this board, everyone I have come in contact here is very supportive, knows their shit and encourge others to do better.

You have a losers mentality who just tries ti ut down anyone else who tries to achieve.

If anyone would like to see what kind of guy eknight is take a look at the same post I made on what he regards as "his" forum

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/12770/page/1/over-3-times-bodyweight-deadlift-for-4-reps/

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/12770/page/1/over-3-times-bodyweight-deadlift-for-4-reps/

Last edited:
H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
the abuse starts at page 2 when EK makes his first post and his band wagon all jump on join in. didnt even bother responding at the end, havent come across such a bunch of idiotic keyboard warriors in my life

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
just reading it again...pretty hilarious looking back. second last post on 2nd page where it really starts, lold at the bit where he called me arrogant in his statement, after reading some of his posts you'd think he was literally taking the piss

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Ants can carry over 100 times their own weight . . . . . I still squash the little fu%&ers though.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Personally for me it's about the number on the bar..... period.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic