Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

bodyweight benchpress, 29 reps

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
The OP has posted this in multiple other forums fishing for compliments, then became disputatious with anyone who didn't stroke his ego. In each of those other people posted vids of their own and I've never seen anyone say anything about it. I had no idea that it was poor etiquette to post a vid. My apologies. -EK

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Must this guy be a dick in every thread? Making a lot of friends here bud.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
@Mike- not trying to be a dick. I apologized and tried to remove the post. Not sure what else you'd like me to do. -EK

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@Mike- not trying to be a dick. I apologized and tried to remove the post. Not sure what else you'd like me to do. -EK

Wow dude.... I just looked at your post history. You really have some issues. Nice comments in this thread:
http://www.theironden.com/forum/threads/17791-Favorite-PWO-drink-shake/page3

You touting that you can do a '3x bw bench' is a little mans game. Play that out for as long as you want and then tell a 250lb guy that benches 500 raw he is weak.(to his face) See how well that goes for you.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Macgyver thanks for the new word.

allometric

this old dog learned something today.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
Stop being a dick in every thread you post in chicken legs.....

Awesome way to prove your point by name-calling. Yep, that'll help. What exactly would you hope to add to the thread with a comment like this?

Not sure why you would even make the chicken leg comment. They're symmetrical to everything else. I'm squatting decent weight for someone my size (probably not nearly as much as you guys, but 315 5x5 deep) and have a torn ACL and MCL in one knee. And I'm always working to improve them, just like everything else. -EK

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Saw that one coming :lol:

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Yep.....I am soo tired of this one being played out. I am strong enough that I can hang with and many times beat little guys at their own game, but I know full well I am playing against a stacked deck.

It just bugs me to no end when the little guys blatantly disrespect some awesome lifts by bigger guys with comments like "oh yea....he is not even benching 2xbw like me" (says the 140lb guy about the 275lb guys raw 500+bench)

Just freaking annoying. And once one of them starts, all the rest filter in and jump on the bandwagon. After a while you know enough to know what is 'strong' and what is a circus trick.

Easy argument to settle. When your pinned in a car, who do you want running to help you?...the 135lb guy that can bench is weight 43 times or the 300lb dude who can just pick the car up off of you ;)

I hear this crap all the time. Im 300+ with a 500+ Bench, and people always try and burst my bubble. I do this because it brings me to a happy place, I challenge myself with every new max attempt. And on the same hand Ill stop a training session to help anyone out with a spot or friendly advise if asked.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I hear this crap all the time. Im 300+ with a 500+ Bench, and people always try and burst my bubble. I do this because it brings me to a happy place, I challenge myself with every new max attempt. And on the same hand Ill stop a training session to help anyone out with a spot or friendly advise if asked.

I can admit my asshole-edness on here, but in the real world I absolutely love to help people get stronger and bigger and healthier. It's what I've been doing my whole life without knowing it, and what I've been almost making a living doing for the last 4 months. I love working with anybody that really wants to improve. Be they old or fat or weak or uncoordinated, if they really wanted to improve then they were 100x more pleasurable to work with and 100x more enjoyable to see succeed. I wasn't a personal trainer, and can't really get into it, but it was the most rewarding 4 months of my lifting career, by FAR.

My point is, you can quantify it however you like, whoever you are. If you want to just list the weight and reps, that's fine. If you want to list your bodyweight and define the weight of the lift with a multiplier of your weight, that's fine too. You cross the line the second you think it's anymore impressive than ANYONE. I'm guilty of it, and most anybody with pride is. It's hard not to be obsessed with self. But I've at least realized this now and am trying to enlighten those of you who think something you do is impressive because it beats someone else. If you are happy with what you've done because it's something you worked hard for and accomplished, then FVCK YEAH, I'm happy for ya. Just make sure to remind me that I posted this because it's second nature for me to compete at EVERYTHING.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I can admit my asshole-edness on here, but in the real world I absolutely love to help people.

Isn't that the definition of an Internet troll :D

Reactions: SAD
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic