Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Bodypart Training: Least/Most?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
What bodypart do you directly train the least, and why? Also, which one the most, and why?

For me, least would be traps and forearms. Reason: both get plenty of indirect work and they both respond pretty well to the infrequent direct work. Most would be quads. Reason: trying to stim some growth with mixed rep schemes. E.g., Heavy/ low reps on Tues. and Medium/ high reps on Friday. I also do a lot of volume on my shoulders because they respond well to volume.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Arms grow very easy so I have skipped them in a week a few times. I like to try and hit back twice a week. I feel it's improved quite a bit but I'll never be happy. Im 6' so getting those wide lats and thickness is a little harder for me

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
mainly small muscle groups i dont train to much...simply because it has nothing to do with making my lifts any stronger....this is why they make stuff like seo....lol....to help with lagging muscle groups...dw

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
aweome dog DW!

i rarely train shoulders because they hurt. i might train them once a week for a month and then not train them except for once a month for awhile until they get to feeling better. never do forearms because it hurts my wrists and hands and i need them for surgery so no sense in irritating them further. never do calves because im lazy and i need to start! everything else is once a week :D

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I never train my biceps because they grow easily with everything else like working my back.I do legs 3 times aweek for the simple fact everyone uses their legs
all thetime from walking and stooping so in reality you need too train them more often not that Im saying everyone should but for me it works best and that advise
came from Arnold himself.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I never train my biceps because they grow easily with everything else like working my back.I do legs 3 times aweek for the simple fact everyone uses their legs
all thetime from walking and stooping so in reality you need too train them more often not that Im saying everyone should but for me it works best and that advise
came from Arnold himself.
Do you mind sharing what your leg routine is?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I train my calves the least because before I started lifting they were bigger than my thighs. They just seem to be big on their own. I don't do forearms much because when I bench press I grip the bar tight as hell, never mind the blasting they get on back day.

The most... hmmm... Probably my quads/hams. They didn't grow very well at first because I trained them like a bicep - not much. I definitely put the most effort into them as far as excellent form, heavy weights (relatively heavy that is :) and going to failure.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
abs....once in a blue moon..thx dad for the hardship
jaw muscle!!

most trained as of late? heart and grip<---Thx RR

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i never do abs, never needed to (dont hate).
i hit quads/calves the most because i have chicken legs. BUCKAAAWK!!!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I hit every muscle group once per week except for my legs which i do them twice per month because that's how they grow the most and i have stopped training shoulders because the grow so fast that make my arms and chest look tiny. I do focus a bit more though on the rear delts.

Also, i don't train calves and the belly of the forearmsanymore. There's no reason to do so at the moment. They grow extremely easily and are huge with a natural diamond shape (my calves i mean).

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
aweome dog DW!

i rarely train shoulders because they hurt. i might train them once a week for a month and then not train them except for once a month for awhile until they get to feeling better. never do forearms because it hurts my wrists and hands and i need them for surgery so no sense in irritating them further. never do calves because im lazy and i need to start! everything else is once a week :D

awww thank you iron queen..thats my little peanut..hes the baby..u know....concerning your wrist...keep them wraped up at all times...i have problems with my wrist to but the wraps help alot....more then lke u allready wrap them up but if u dont PLEASE start doing it....in the long run it makes a diff ....and dont wrap them to tight..it will cut the blood flow to your hands and make them num....wrap them just good enough to give u the surport u need...and im with u on the shoulders...its bad enough when i do pullups my shoudlers kill me..but after i warm up really good it stops hurting..One thing im so gracefull for is that when i bench it doesnt effect my shoulders...that is one lift i cant see myself giving up.....i got to keep my 500 bench...i had a 550 at one time but im down alot now of days...my body cant endure the strain it use to have...im becoming a grandpa...lol...grays and all....dw

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
awww thank you iron queen..thats my little peanut..hes the baby..u know....concerning your wrist...keep them wraped up at all times...i have problems with my wrist to but the wraps help alot....more then lke u allready wrap them up but if u dont PLEASE start doing it....in the long run it makes a diff ....and dont wrap them to tight..it will cut the blood flow to your hands and make them num....wrap them just good enough to give u the surport u need...and im with u on the shoulders...its bad enough when i do pullups my shoudlers kill me..but after i warm up really good it stops hurting..One thing im so gracefull for is that when i bench it doesnt effect my shoulders...that is one lift i cant see myself giving up.....i got to keep my 500 bench...i had a 550 at one time but im down alot now of days...my body cant endure the strain it use to have...im becoming a grandpa...lol...grays and all....dw

i do use wrist wraps and they have helped a lot. my family genetically geared towards osteoarthritis. my moms hands are really bad and it is starting to cause disfigurment in her fingers. :( i spent 15 years as a kid hand milking cows and then use them a lot for my profession now. hence the reason i am huge on joint supps! it is amazing the amount of swelling that goes down when i give myself the injections. i figure it is better to try and prevent as much inflammation as possible to delay the changes as long as possible.

dogs are great! a definate gift from God. right now the two bulldog pups are sitting here playing at my feet. they bring such joy! i cant imagine life without dogs in it. they give way more than they ever take!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic