pbtom
What's New?

Bodybuilders in Movies/Televsion; then vs now

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I gotta give The Rock a lot of credit. He's done a pretty good job in the movies he's been in. I think he'll continue to have a nice career.

I've just resigned myself to the fact that 20-30 years ago, being big and strong was commendable. It showed dedication and women wanted a strong man. Today, being "too big" is now evidence of character flaws. Instead of being strong, I'm insecure and work out to compensate for my insecurities.... LOL Isn't it funny how that goes.

I don't let people rent space in my brain. I neither ask for anyone's permission nor seek anyone's approval. People who actually know me know who I am, and those who don't can think whatever they want.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I loved the Conan remake. The beginning scene is one of the coolest intros.

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
I am 48 as well and I agree that times have changed (for the worse). The only true BBer in the movies now is the Rock, Dwayne Johnson. Unfortunately, he has not made an impact on how todays men / teenagers want to look. Today, even though 60% of Americans are overweight, geeky & skinny is in. We now praise the "nerd" look. Even our BB federations are overwhelmed with Bikini and Men's Physique. Today, looking huge and powerful is not popular. I even read an article that both Marvel and DC have toned down the look of the muscles on their superheroes to increase sales of comic books. We are a dying breed.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
That is weird as **** to me.

When I was a teenager I was skinny and I HATED it. The only thing I ever wanted was to be big and strong.

I'm glad I have a woman that appreciates my hard work in finally achieving that.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Good thread we went from role models like John Wayne and chuck Norris to Justin Beiber and that pussy actor from the vampire trilogy's damn what happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I am 48 as well and I agree that times have changed (for the worse). The only true BBer in the movies now is the Rock, Dwayne Johnson. Unfortunately, he has not made an impact on how todays men / teenagers want to look. Today, even though 60% of Americans are overweight, geeky & skinny is in. We now praise the "nerd" look. Even our BB federations are overwhelmed with Bikini and Men's Physique. Today, looking huge and powerful is not popular. I even read an article that both Marvel and DC have toned down the look of the muscles on their superheroes to increase sales of comic books. We are a dying breed.

Yeah I'm 50 so I don't count love the rock all his flicks , Steve Austin big fan , even Stallone has gained size since Rocky inspiring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The Rock is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. Not much after him though...

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Yeah he has looks good he got ten on us

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Ya The Rock is about it, but I have to say the Bourne Movies are pretty good. A lot of the Action movies have gone towards the MMA style build and fighting style. MMA has shown being bigger isn't always better for fighting.

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
I'm 48.

I remember TV shows like the Incredible Hulk with Lou Ferrigno, the A Team with Mr T, and movies with Arnie, Stallone, Lundgren, Weathers, Ventura, Van Damme, and countless other big dudes that crossed over into acting.

When was the last time we've seen anyone that looks like they actually lift in a movie?

The only recent instances I can recall of anyone making a movie and their physique being praised is Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden in Fight Club and he was a skinny **** and Gerard Butler in 300 and he didn't look that great IMHO.

All the superheroes in today's movies wear suits. Batman, Spiderman, Superman, blah. None of them have any muscle.

What's going on? Why the big change?
dwayne johnson

also now mark wallberg lifts

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic