Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Body tempering

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
the more I read and watch about body tempering (Donnie Thompson for those that live under rocks and such) the more intrigued I am. I really want to give it a try and so far have just messed around with a plate on top of a hard Med ball. I wonder who here has given it a shot? Especially if you've used the ex-wife. I am thinking of trying to make one at home.

Big hurdle here is that I'll have to train my wife to use it because I don't have any training partners. She already bitches about flossing.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Shrimp Tempura sounds good right about now.....

Reactions: 5.0
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Don't know if something spherical like an Atlas Stone would be easy or impossible to maneuver for your purposes if it was as heavy as you wanted. I tried a simple google to find official weights for them and was surprised to see there were all different versions of "official" weights on google.
Rogue Fitness seems to be a vendor for Slater Stone Molds. They offer TEN different sizes, not just the 5 we think of, pretty sure too you can buy just one instead of getting a set you won't want some of. Diameters range from 8" to 24" with weights from too light to way over 500#

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Funny you mentioned the stones. I was thinking if I had to mix concrete to make the ex-wife, I may as well pour some stones at the same time.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Around this time last year I was at the compound in South Carolina for a body tempering seminar. It was fucking awesome.

After returning home a friend of mine in the steel business hooked me up with 3 different sized implements.

I started using it immediately in the gym. It worked really well. We had less pain in general and when something would act up we would address it very quickly with these tools. Also had another friend fabricate a boomstick. Almost forgot about that.

Unless your wife is pretty strong and very much interested in helping you that plan isn't going to work out.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Unless your wife is pretty strong and very much interested in helping you that plan isn't going to work out.
That's a no on both, but on the plus side I can easily obtain an ex-wife.

Unfortunately, my ad on Craigslist for a"body tempering" partner took a very odd turn

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
what were you wearing in the photo?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
No joke, I keep an X-Wife in my living room. I can't recommend it enough.
We bought a 20' piece of 4" steel and had a machine shop cut it in to 2' lengths for us.... weighs in right at 135 ish .... It's great on quads, pec/shoulders, and I'll even use it on biceps and forearms (those really suck but it definitely helps).... I can maneuver it on to my hamstrings and my 130# wife has no problem rolling me out with it.

A buddy got the Kabuki Strength one that you fill with steel shot and it works fine if you can't find a steel bar at a scrap yard and don't have 9 friends who want one to justify a whole piece from the steel yard.
You can always use PVC pipes and just fill them with steel shot or concrete too.

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
Boomstick is awesome. I don't have friends that can make things like this for me so I went ahead and bought one. Great investment. Now to find a person that knows anatomy to work on my lats erectors and hamstrings and shoulders. I can get my quads and my pecs and shoulders to a certain extent but a buddy doing it would be much better. Pain is pleasure.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic