Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Bod pod or hydrostatic

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Yea, I've been bodpod tested at least a half dozen times now. As to the air it blows, I'd have to say its less then that of a fan.. But Im backing out of this one since I dont have any facts but still lauging at picturing the wind tunnel type effect. :)

I'd love do discuss the dehydrated/hydrated thing more though or should I say water weight in general. (Not nessarily bodpod specific) Since water weight is counted towards LBM and of course water weight can fluxuate greatly in short amounts of time, I wonder if its better to get tested while not retaining water. For example would there be more consistancy to say low carb for 2 weeks and lose your water weight and then be tested? While retaining water a gain or loss of a few pounds of it could definitely effect the overall results. Also for judging progress to see how much muscle you may have gained in 6-12 months, again wouldnt the same hold true that and be more consistent?

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
My test administrator said if you're bloated from water and higher weight but not any mass (inches etc) you will show a lower body fat in bod pod because your weight being higher yet your air being taking up in pod same equals lower reading... If you're bloated in size it will make it read higher ... I happened to be extremely bloated during mine

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
The bodpod reading was lower in the dehydrated group...so it is puzzling, I would have expected it to raise bf% based on logic LOL...it does make for more questions than it answered.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
The funny thing is, unless they are going to test you before you are put on stage it doesn't matter, shan we both know a diet difference between someone with 4% bodyfat and 5.5% won't be different at all. It's all about application here, debating between 2 precision tools with a margin for human error is nothing more than debating for debates sake.

Water is more dense than fat so I also would have expected the bloated group to do better however I don't know the calculations that well and it could be factored in elsewhere.

Last edited:
shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Oh..I know NN...just having fun bs'n about it. Whichever method you use works...I would say that the thing to know is that the two methods wont necessarily give you the same exact reading, so dont freak out if they dont correapond perfectly
Stick with one and as long as improvement is seen that is what counts

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
shan, just curious if you have done HW and bodpod tests around the same time and what the difference in the results were?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I haven't done them closer than about 2 months apart, so not able to comment on how close they were

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic