Latest Member
Vegasguy
What's New?

blown up knee

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
well bro, the swelling is blood gathering in the injury site, if indeed it is a tear, only an mri will show that, 5+ years out from a acl replacement(using my hamstring as a donor, that blows!) and meniscus repair, 6 months post surgery i could squat the bar, deadlifting was a hell of alot easier on my knee, im not sure on mcl tear protocol, but i was told they should have used a donor(cadaver) acl due to my relatively young age, check with your surgeon, my hamstring never stops cramping.benching ,chins, squats, are brutal because the hamstring cramps! good luck bro.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Ive got several menisci tears possibly due to degenerative tissue but more likely due to trauma..when i popped it squatting. Also have some arthritic build up behind my patella that grinds on my femur. Probably going to due a scope to fix the meniscus folding on itself and remove some foreign material that is in there also they will clean up my patella to get rid of the grinding. Doc said most likely i will walk out ready to dance that night. The orthopedic guy doesnt think squats are the main cause he said my knee was just in poor shape for a while now most likely. I been put on naproxem 500mg twice daily(basically higher dose aleve) supposedly good for arthritic pain. Im doing leg press and extensions very light and lots of reps with little discomfort now. My mcl is strained but healing fast. Thanks for your input folks!

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Eh be very carful with leg
Extensions even with very light weight, I wouldn't even do them at all until ur 100% IMO....a year after my injury an I thought inwas recovered I did some leg extensions that reinjured my knee n put me out another year.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
i will scratch those then they dont hurt to bad, doctor recommended them. I dont think he knows as much as he thinks he does

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic