pbtom
What's New?

Bloodwork and LowT

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So not been feeling well lately. In the sense that I've not much energy, libido low, having some hot flashes, etc. Well I am 48yo, female and my last cycle was labor day 2017. Which means by labor day 2018, if I don't have a cycle (talking menstrual), then I will be labeled "menopausal". yay for me.
So i'm not new here. Been around a while, and have other posts in the forums.

Mostly posting this for FYI.

Doc ran bloodwork and this is what come back as being low:

Testosterone (reason for the lack of energy, libido)
My level was 7 ng/dL
Reference range for women is 8-48.
Doc said he wants to see me at 100-200, is what he recommends.
Progesterone
My level was at a .2 ng/mL.
Reference range for women is 1 or higher.
Estradiol (Estrogen) (reason for the night sweats)
My level was <.5 pg/mL.
Reference range for a woman my age range is <.6-54.7.

So.....
I have opted to only treat libido and energy, by way of a prescription for Test Cypionate. .15 on syringe every 2 weeks (well this is what he has prescribed for me).
Why only treat libido and energy? Because I don't wanna mess with the other hormones, that is why. One is a cream (estrogen) and one is a pill (progesterone). But I don't care. I chose to only treat the energy/libido at this time, then can treat the others later if I want to.
First injection was Wed, 8/1.
I'm also taking Anavar.

So my script (vial) come in the mail, as I do mail order, yesterday.
Won't be doing a "log persay". I have taken test cyp before actually.
The only side I don't like is the water weight. I feel puffy, but that is also diet (spent the weekend with some friends and ate like an asshole and drank alcohol).

Thanks all, Happy Lifting

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I hope the treatment makes you feel well. Is that 30mg every two weeks?

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Wow you could almost just put drops on your skin and absorb it rather than needle it. That's weird every 2 week protocol seems like you'd be sliding off the ester up and down But what do I know I'm just a drunk unemployed comedian that lives with his grandmother

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
That's weird every 2 week protocol seems like you'd be sliding off the ester up and down But what do I know I'm just a drunk unemployed comedian that lives with his grandmother
Agreed. After many injections and blood tests, cyp is best injected every 7-8 days to maintain steady levels.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm confused. You went to a doc and he said to do 1 thing and you are supplementing before what he prescribed had a chance to do anything?

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Already acting like a man cause you don't need to ask anyone for directions hahaha

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I’ve watched this play with my wife for a few years. I’ve seen the blood work and the doc is truly an expert on female hormones and I believe you might be making a mistake not addressing the core HRT needs and just throwing test in. The anavar also creates complications and moves other things around and will change the way the test effects you. In fact curious if the test hits your libido hard since your ARs are already covered in oxandrolone molecules.

I can almost tell you my wife’s progesterone and estrogen levels by her moods lol. If she stopped taking oral progesterone we’d be divorced in a month.

I’m not a know it all I’m just encouraging you that. If you’re lucky enough to have a one in a thousand docs who understand this, I’d follow the instructions. Especially since other health problems can arise. Progesterone and estrogen are huge libido factors also.

Also curious what your dhea levels were. I’d almost bet you’d be very well served by supplementing that based on other things you shared.

Have a nice day.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
hey @Darkness, thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.
These are unchartered territories for me at this time, and I also realize that all women are very much different. And what may happen to one woman, other women may or may not experience the same thing.
I just started with this doc, so only met him twice now, so the jury is still out on him. Our interactions thus far, haven't been all that stellar, but them I don'tknow what to expect from a hormone doc. He does listen to my needs and explains things to me.

With regards to DHEA, he mentioned to me and explained how this is a pre-hormone (for lack of a better term). He then went on to say that my FSH/LH are hi, meaning menopause. When I look at my bloodwork paperwork, it has "DHEA-sulfate" on there and is listed as 222.0 ug/dL, reference range is listed as 41.2-243.7.
LH was listed as 50.2 mIU/mL; FSH listed as 106.9 mIU/mL.

I'm still doing my research at this time with all this. It is like all of the sudden this summer my system crashed and went into some mode that I can't seem to get out of. Meaning that I don't feel like I did before. But a major factor in this is that I need to get a rotator cuff repair surgery on 8/31, and this has been messing with my head too. So I suspect that is a catalyst for a lot of what i'm feeling. But I still feel "off" if you will. I have no other way to describe in words what i'm feeling LOL.
Thanks for your input though, appreciate it sir.

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
hey @Darkness, thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.
These are unchartered territories for me at this time, and I also realize that all women are very much different. And what may happen to one woman, other women may or may not experience the same thing.
I just started with this doc, so only met him twice now, so the jury is still out on him. Our interactions thus far, haven't been all that stellar, but them I don'tknow what to expect from a hormone doc. He does listen to my needs and explains things to me.

With regards to DHEA, he mentioned to me and explained how this is a pre-hormone (for lack of a better term). He then went on to say that my FSH/LH are hi, meaning menopause. When I look at my bloodwork paperwork, it has "DHEA-sulfate" on there and is listed as 222.0 ug/dL, reference range is listed as 41.2-243.7.
LH was listed as 50.2 mIU/mL; FSH listed as 106.9 mIU/mL.

I'm still doing my research at this time with all this. It is like all of the sudden this summer my system crashed and went into some mode that I can't seem to get out of. Meaning that I don't feel like I did before. But a major factor in this is that I need to get a rotator cuff repair surgery on 8/31, and this has been messing with my head too. So I suspect that is a catalyst for a lot of what i'm feeling. But I still feel "off" if you will. I have no other way to describe in words what i'm feeling LOL.
Thanks for your input though, appreciate it sir.

There’s no doubt that administering HRT to a female patient is 100 times more complicated that HRT for a male. Glad you’re considering all your options. Good luck.

Sandi Perk

Sandi Perk

TID Lady Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hey Bova,
Just wanted to jump in and say good luck with everything. Hope it all gets sorted out. It's never nice when you don't feel like 'yourself'.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic